Where can I find a windshield mount?

egonvdv

Reaction score
Country
France
Dash Cam
TWO Thinkware's U10002CH (rear cams used as side cams)
Anyone know where I can find a windshield mount?

Though it would be very easy, but only found a few that would cost me 15 euro, plus another 15 to ship (to Europe)

Who can point me in the right direction ?

Last edited:
I dont' think there is one for the U1000. If you want to mount the camera temporary, I suggest using 3M scotche tape and put horizonal and vertical strpes to hold the bracket in place while you slide the camera into the mount. Use the visors and mirror of your car to hold the wires so it won't weight the camera down and pull it off the tape.

I have done the above many times when I am testing new cameras before I officially install them into the car. Of course it is more challenging to mount Blackvue cameras since there isn't a lot of room to stick.

i crashed my car and forget to take the mount out....

there are sellers in the uk, canada, australia & the US, but i find them rather expensive so trying to find cheaper

Oh my apologies and sorry for your loss.

I misunderstood as I thought you mean a suction cup mount. Yes those mounts are expensive (20 dollars CAD). I don't know where else you can buy them other than straight from the manufacturer.

Alternatively you can try to locate your car and pull the mount out with a utility knive. Of course you will have to find new adhesive (double sided tape) as well.

To attach more or less anything to the windscreen you can use Industrial Velcro. I have been using it for many years and not just for dash camera or speed camera attachments.

car's 700km away unfort...

velcro is indeed a solution, but would prefer an original mount

injection molded plastic, if it was just the material i am sure it would be a lot cheaper.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
3 U1000 3
Back