Where did you mount the camera? Post your pictures

Temporarily put my 512GW on the left of my rear view mirror (Bmw 4 series). But it isn’t ideal. The mirror housing is on the windscreen so if I go too central the cam sees the housing. But if I go too far left (passenger side) its a bit too visible. Where I have it now it’s not easily visible from the drivers seat which is what I want, but then I can’t easily hit any buttons on it..

Installed the BlackVue DR900S into my Volvo XC60 on the weekend using a magic pro hardwire kit. Ended up taping the centre console 12V for ACC and the passenger seat electronic lumbar support for BATT (my vehicle is not equipped with this option but still has the fuse, the power seats always have power).

Crappy thing about the city safety shroud is that it makes hiding the wires a bit hard on a RHD vehicle. tucked them as good as I could. Could have made it a bit better if I moved the camera further to the left, however it became more of a sight-line issue.

Still working on the back camera the wire is 98% concealed but need to wait for warmer temperatures before I start pulling apart the back hatch and rest of the plastic mouldings. Will post a picture once thats complete.

dashcam1.jpg

dashcam2.jpg

I put my Xiaomi Yi Smart Dash Camera right below my Rear View Mirror. And here is the view that I got.

Wow - life expectancy driving amongst those motorcyclists must be measured in days!

Installed the BlackVue DR900S into my Volvo XC60 on the weekend using a magic pro hardwire kit. Ended up taping the centre console 12V for ACC and the passenger seat electronic lumbar support for BATT (my vehicle is not equipped with this option but still has the fuse, the power seats always have power).

Crappy thing about the city safety shroud is that it makes hiding the wires a bit hard on a RHD vehicle. tucked them as good as I could. Could have made it a bit better if I moved the camera further to the left, however it became more of a sight-line issue.

Still working on the back camera the wire is 98% concealed but need to wait for warmer temperatures before I start pulling apart the back hatch and rest of the plastic mouldings. Will post a picture once thats complete.

View attachment 43901

View attachment 43902

Would it be better on the other side? The wire could hide behind the mirror.
dashcam2.jpg

The only way to mount it on the drivers side would cause a sight line issue. Plus there’s no easy way to run the wiring through the sensors shrouding without cutting it.

The mirror itself is mounted to the shrouding as well.

This way the only thing I see from the drivers side is just the very bottom of the camera under the rear view mirror.

Cleaned up the rear installation. Ran the wire through the factory hatch grommet and then down. Nice and clean!

That turned out really nice! Did you have to remove all the trim to get the wire through the grommet?

The trim looks similar to my V60 Cross Country so I'd like to do the same thing but, if you had to remove the trim, where did you learn how to remove it without breaking any clips? Is there a particular Volvo forum post you can share, or something similar that explains how it comes apart?

I bought a BlendMount to mount a BlackVue DR750S-2CH from the mirror. The BlendMount was pricey but the sensor shroud makes it difficult to position anything…the mount works well and I think it’s less conspicuous. I used the BlackVue new Power Magic EZ that plugs into the OBD and and it works great. I won't use parking mode that often and the on/off switch is conveniently located on the driver side when needed, and don't have to mess around with the fuze box.

Thanks to user mcmanus got some tips to install the rear camera through the factory grommets, cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_0908.JPG
    IMG_0908.JPG
    306.6 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_6561.JPG
    IMG_6561.JPG
    180.2 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_7158.JPG
    IMG_7158.JPG
    389.7 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
I bought a BlendMount to mount a BlackVue DR750S-2CH from the mirror. The BlendMount was pricey but the sensor shroud makes it difficult to position anything…the mount works well and I think it’s less conspicuous. Thanks to user mcmanus got some tips to install the rear camera through the factory grommets, cheers!

Looks great! The shroud looks significantly smaller on the V60 vs the XC60.

Looks great! The shroud looks significantly smaller on the V60 vs the XC60.

Thanks...by the way I broke two of the five fasteners on the inside trim panel but least it seems to be holding. You were't kidding it's tough to remove, lol.

Thanks...by the way I broke two of the five fasteners on the inside trim panel but least it seems to be holding. You were't kidding it's tough to remove, lol.

Yeah not shocking. Shouldn’t matter mine fit fine with 3 broken tabs!

Classic mount for my Viofo A119

I wonder why here are so many people having two cameras or more filming in the same direction, what's the exact reason for that?

I wonder why here are so many people having two cameras or more filming in the same direction, what's the exact reason for that?

I haven't really figured it out either, but I know some people will have one that has a really good night time sensor and one that excels during the day. I'd rather have a happy medium of having one that does both decently well.

Also have heard people say that they want two for redundancy, chances of two failing at the same time are lower than one.

Sometimes it's testing or reviewing another cam. And a few folks are running a 'telephoto' cam alongside their wide-angle one. Right now I've got 3 cams facing rearward, two facing forward, and one on each side :ROFLMAO: Just another day of testing dashcams!

Phil

View attachment 44635

My reason.
I have 2 cameras front facing. "Mobius/ Toguard". and 1 Mobius facing rear . Mobius front is set narrow FOV. Toguard, set wide. Just a insurance should either one fail to record. Also front Mobius with battery is mounted with strong magnets and can be removed easily to be used as a action cam.

Seems like everyone pretty much agrees on the best way to install it

Hello,

Here is my BlackVue DR650S-2ch on my 2013 Chevy Volt.

Attachments

• E6F55F25-40AC-47A2-B736-E1A621EA349F.jpeg
    E6F55F25-40AC-47A2-B736-E1A621EA349F.jpeg
    349.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 60A24E29-BD35-4703-B4EE-D28D63AF7CF6.jpeg
    60A24E29-BD35-4703-B4EE-D28D63AF7CF6.jpeg
    390.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 4BB6ECE8-4C54-4F52-AE57-E3FC8254A90D.jpeg
    4BB6ECE8-4C54-4F52-AE57-E3FC8254A90D.jpeg
    422.3 KB · Views: 78
Very nice installs!

Back