Where did you mount the camera? Post your pictures

Very nice mount but I expect your camera will vibrate

Honestly, that was my one concern. Not any more. Haven't seen any noticeable vibration at all in any of the video, and the roads here generally aren't that great. These Blendmounts are pretty solid--there's no play at all in any of the joints once all the screws are tightened up.

In this vehicle, the mirror stalk is short, straight, and solid, not articulated at the windshield end. I suspect that helps.

If there were any shaking of the mount at all, those rumble strips and speed bumps at the entrance to my estate would show it, I think. Solid as a rock.

Last edited:
My rear cam is mounted on rear windshield glass but it fell off and not the first time. Will try with a new 3m 4941 grey tape when the weather gets warmer here in around May or June. It is brutally freezing cold here.
I have it hardwired and tucked inside by a pro I paid to do this.

Attachments

• rear cam.jpeg
    rear cam.jpeg
    545.1 KB · Views: 37
My rear cam is mounted on rear windshield glass but it fell off and not the first time. Will try with a new 3m 4941 grey tape when the weather gets warmer here in around May or June. It is brutally freezing cold here.
I have it hardwired and tucked inside by a pro I paid to do this.
Another option may be to stick it to the plastic trim. Sometimes I find the curve of the glass, no matter how slight, can make them hard to keep attached.

Another option may be to stick it to the plastic trim. Sometimes I find the curve of the glass, no matter how slight, can make them hard to keep attached.
This may be hard since the cable is is already hidden and tucked inside the rear plastic trim and the usb cable is hanging down to the windshield glass as in the picture and I am not any DIY to do something. This is Hyundai santa fe 2020 and A129 plus cam

Attachments

• rear cam.jpeg
    rear cam.jpeg
    545.1 KB · Views: 23
This may be hard since the cable is is already hidden and tucked inside the rear plastic trim and the usb cable is hanging down to the windshield glass as in the picture and I am not any DIY to do something. This is Hyundai santa fe 2020 and A129 plus cam
Another thing that may help is some thicker double sided foam tape just to help fit to the shape. Just make sure where you're sticking it to is super clean using some alcohol or similar. Glass can be tricky stuff to adhere to which is why we use it for so many things.

Thanks all for sharing!

Here is video of how I mounted my Street Guardian SGGCX2PRO with X2WRC323 rear on 2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD truck.

I installed front cam as high as possible, and left from and closest to the mirror/centered it as possible. That way I can also remove miniSD card easy and see the screen.
Rear cam I installed way I can see the towing ball. My intent to get this rear cam was so I can also use it for when I need to back up onto the trailer but screen is so tiny that I don't think I can use it for that purpose lol

Cables runs in 1/4 wire loom.

I was trying to make a picture from outside but there was too much reflection of trees, couldn't see the cam at all.

(Now I just have to figure out how to, or if, I can use it while parking without cam recording all the time, just for the time if someone would hit my truck.)

2.jpg

3.jpg

So thats how it all ended up :)(y)

I would put a piece of glass over the license plate camera to protect the lens from dirt. That area gets absolutely filthy in winter. If the glass on top of the camera gets pitted it is a cheap replacement.

I would put a piece of glass over the license plate camera to protect the lens from dirt. That area gets absolutely filthy in winter. If the glass on top of the camera gets pitted it is a cheap replacement.
I've got the same on one of my cars, I just wipe my finger over the lens once every few weeks when I think about it

It will vary a bit- some get nasty there and some don't. Nice looking install (y)

Phil

I run my car thru the car wash ( cheapest program ) at least 2 times every week, i think for detail at least that would be problematic for a lens glass, though i couldn't care if it was a parking camera.

Something surely happen to the glass, cuz even my rear window, which i have never used a ice scraper on, well it is beaten up pretty bad, though after my rear endning years back it is not the original glass but rather a replacement from a salvage yard as thats okay for insurance to use for replacement.

That is great idea. I was thinking to make some kind of cover on top of it as well so there is no drops of water distracting video

when i try on the plastic trim, it is like up side down. Maybe because of the way the cable it hidden

when i try on the plastic trim, it is like up side down. Maybe because of the way the cable it hidden
If you mean the image is upside down you should have a menu option to change that.

If you mean the image is upside down you should have a menu option to change that.
I don't know how to explain this in english. If you look ar the picture below of my rear cam hanging down the windshield of my SUV, you will see it was glued to the center top of my windshield but the adhesive tape didn't hold and fell off! I tried to see if I can stick the rear cam on the grey plastic trim but it is like hanging upside down and improper.

Attachments

• rear cam.jpeg
    rear cam.jpeg
    545.1 KB · Views: 25
I don't know how to explain this in english. If you look ar the picture below of my rear cam hanging down the windshield of my SUV, you will see it was glued to the center top of my windshield but the adhesive tape didn't hold and fell off! I tried to see if I can stick the rear cam on the grey plastic trim but it is like hanging upside down and improper.
Okay,

You'd need to have the cable coming round the camera unit to the back so you can stick the piece that was attached to the glass to the plastic piece. And then adjust the angle of the lens to suit the new position

Like this - but in your case the cable coming from where it is now and looping round to connect - providing there's any slack in the cable.
qtme1xJ.jpg

That look much like i had my DC systems rear camera installed, only i had a magnet in between the camera and hatch frame to space the camera out.

Okay,

You'd need to have the cable coming round the camera unit to the back so you can stick the piece that was attached to the glass to the plastic piece. And then adjust the angle of the lens to suit the new position

Like this - but in your case the cable coming from where it is now and looping round to connect - providing there's any slack in the cable.
qtme1xJ.jpg
The plastic grey trim I have may need to be removed and I don’t know how to do this or be if it can be done . I received the grey 3m tape I was recommended and it looks too little thin and bot wide enough maybe . Weather here is only around 30s now.

Attachments

• D84D82C9-C2F8-4BCB-9263-7CA04DE84879.jpeg
    D84D82C9-C2F8-4BCB-9263-7CA04DE84879.jpeg
    320 KB · Views: 13
The plastic grey trim I have may need to be removed and I don’t know how to do this or be if it can be done . I received the grey 3m tape I was recommended and it looks too little thin and bot wide enough maybe . Weather here is only around 30s now.
That tape looks fine. That's quite a lot, will last you a good few years of sticking things.
If you're not sure have you tried talking with the installer? They'll have it sorted in a few minutes.

Back