Where is the voltage setting in the app?

Autopilot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mini 3 C (with DDpai hardwire kit) won’t work in parking mode in my VW Golf. I think one thing it might be is that my a car is not providing enough voltage (12.3) when the ignition is and so the battery protection is kicking in.

I keep seeing people (including DDpai and resellers) saying the voltage at which it cuts out to protect the battery can be changed in the app. But the option is missing for me. Has it been removed?

Thanks. I’ve checked with a multimeter that it is all installed 100% correctly.

Either the hardwire kit is at fault or the camera is. But I can’t rule out my car is not providing enough power. It only does 12.3v, and if the kit cuts out under 12.5v (thinking it will protect the battery) it will never work.

If I could only set the voltage like DDpai say you can it could find out. But I think the option must have been removed from the app.

Attachments

• 37D736E3-5AB3-4F6E-A9FB-B1071C3DF281.jpeg
    37D736E3-5AB3-4F6E-A9FB-B1071C3DF281.jpeg
    419.3 KB · Views: 22
The following is from the DDPai app v5.7.12.0330 running on Android 9 with camera firmware v4.2.0.25.

The Battery Protection voltage is located under ME -> SETTINGS -> CAMERA SETTINGS -> ADVANCED SETTINGS -> BATTERY PROTECTION:

The following is from the DDPai app v5.7.12.0330 running on Android 9 with camera firmware v4.2.0.25.

The Battery Protection voltage is located under ME -> SETTINGS -> CAMERA SETTINGS -> ADVANCED SETTINGS -> BATTERY PROTECTION:

View attachment 46168

View attachment 46169

View attachment 46170

View attachment 46171

Thanks but the option is missing from my iPhone app. I do not see that, why is this?

By the way, what is the default setting (after reset)? Because if the default is 12.5, that might explain why my cam won’t whether parking mode (my cars voltage at 12.3 with ignition off would make it shut down in theory).

Attachments

• 0891119D-F1C0-421F-B3E5-ACD6584879E3.png
    0891119D-F1C0-421F-B3E5-ACD6584879E3.png
    852.5 KB · Views: 23
My camera is the Mini 3, not the 3c so maybe that's the difference?? The Apple "geniuses" ran me off a few years ago so I don't have an iOS device to test with. I don't recall what the default voltage setting was when I installed the camera.

Many thanks for you help mate. I’ll source an Android device and see if the app works better.

Have updated the other thread, but I tried the android version and the settings are there. They are in Chinese for some reason, but tried them all and doesn’t seem to help.

You can see the voltage settings in the ddpai app only when the camera is connected through a working hardware kit.

Thanks. I’ve tried two kits now and checked all connections with a multimeter. I think it can only be a faulty camera now.

Same issue here, among others. My first Mini3 arrived with a defective mic (and yes, the sound was on). No audio whatsoever was being recorded, and it too was not going into Parking Mode (with the hardwire kit). I tried everything from swapping the ACC and VCC connections to multiple different fuse locations and orientations with no luck. I ended up getting a replacement cam and hardwire kit, and although this time the cams audio is working, I still can't get the Parking Mode feature to work with the replacement hardwire kit.

No battery voltage settings in the (IOS) App, and yes both the firmware and the app are up to date. Anyone figure out what's going on? I can't believe such a simple 3 wire connection has caused so much aggravation and frustration!

Is it a glitch within the firmware? Defective hardware? What gives? Anyone get any resolution from this? I'm about to return this headache and get something a little more tried and true.

I’ve had this email from DDPai...

Hello friend,
Sorry for the late reply.
Yes the app changed, mini3c do not have cut off voltage setting.
Please return this item, and order the previous version mini3, the previous version have the cut off voltage setting.
Product link: www.amazon.com/Built...sr=1-5
hard wire kit link:www.amazon.com/dp/B079KZ4DH3
Any further question do feel free to contact us.
Best regards

feedback@ddpai.com

So basically they have confirmed that we won’t ever get it working.

For whoever needs this:

This is my experience with the DDPAI mini. I used a DDPAI hardwire kit and the cam wouldn't go into parking mode. I don't know if this is by design or just a workaround for defective hardware but anyway, I wired both acc and vcc wires to a constant fuse (go figure). The cam goes into parking mode (blue light) after 15 mins. Then, depending on the settings (battery protection) on the cam, it will turn off (no lights) after the specified length of time. The cam will be turned on (orange light) by the g-force sensor (e.g. closing the door) or by turning on the engine. I haven't checked if it's switching the key to acc that wakes up the cam.

@maki844 DDPai Mini 3 LED indicator:
Orange/red : working (driving mode)
Blue breathing : working (parking mode)

If you see the blue LED it means you have entered parking mode, and is working as expected. The camera also uses G sensor to detect non-movement to enter/exit parking mode (the 15 mins you observed). However, if you connect ACC line to an actual switched fuse, it should enter parking mode immediately when the car ignition goes to off.

Is your car battery voltage is sufficient? If the battery is worn, it might drop below 12.4v within 2-3 hours. So far I've installed Mini One, Mola N3, A2 and all are working as expected once settings are done.

@maki844 DDPai Mini 3 LED indicator:
Orange/red : working (driving mode)
Blue breathing : working (parking mode)

If you see the blue LED it means you have entered parking mode, and is working as expected. The camera also uses G sensor to detect non-movement to enter/exit parking mode (the 15 mins you observed). However, if you connect ACC line to an actual switched fuse, it should enter parking mode immediately when the car ignition goes to off.

Is your car battery voltage is sufficient? If the battery is worn, it might drop below 12.4v within 2-3 hours. So far I've installed Mini One, Mola N3, A2 and all are working as expected once settings are done.
That's the thing, it doesn't go into parking mode if the acc line is connected to a switched fuse, it just turns off. I contacted ddpai customer service about this and they said the mini does not recognize changes in voltage (there's aome false advertising somewhere in there). Like I said earlier, i dunno if my harware is defective or this is just the way it is.

@maki844 oh I see, I didn't read your first post properly and assumed you were talking about Mini 3 (as this thread was discussing Mini 3). According to the user manual on the Mini, there is no ACC signalling for parking mode. It uses the G-sensor exclusively to decide to enter parking mode or not.

Translating from the Chinese manual gives better clarity:
Parking recording time: After the car is stationary for 15 minutes, the recorder enters the parking monitoring mode. After recording the selected time, it will shut down to protect the battery. After a collision, it will return to the normal recording mode.

So it seems like your unit is behaving as expected.

@maki844 oh I see, I didn't read your first post properly and assumed you were talking about Mini 3 (as this thread was discussing Mini 3). According to the user manual on the Mini, there is no ACC signalling for parking mode. It uses the G-sensor exclusively to decide to enter parking mode or not.

Parking recording time: After the car is stationary for 15 minutes, the recorder enters the parking monitoring mode. After recording the selected time, it will shut down to protect the battery. After a collision, it will return to the normal recording mode.

Still, isn't it weird that it has to have both ACC & VCC connected to a constant fuse to have power when the engine is switched off? Isn't that what the VCC line is for?

Still, isn't it weird that it has to have both ACC & VCC connected to a constant fuse to have power when the engine is switched off? Isn't that what the VCC line is for?

I don't understand why they designed it like that, maybe it was an oversight when they decided the Mini is going to be using only the G-sensor for parking mode detection (Mini One and Mini 5 [and I assume Mini 3 as well] also use G-sensor aside from ACC parking power supply line to enter parking mode. When I was testing Mini One indoors before putting it up on the car, leaving it on the table for 15 mins would trigger parking mode also).

By the way, what is the FCC ID printed on your device body? I notice from buyer photos on AliExpress that some units have 2AJFX-MINI2 printed.

I don't understand why they designed it like that, maybe it was an oversight when they decided the Mini is going to be using only the G-sensor for parking mode detection (Mini One and Mini 5 [and I assume Mini 3 as well] also use G-sensor aside from ACC parking power supply line to enter parking mode. When I was testing Mini One indoors before putting it up on the car, leaving it on the table for 15 mins would trigger parking mode also).

By the way, what is the FCC ID printed on your device body? I notice from buyer photos on AliExpress that some units have 2AJFX-MINI2 printed.
It says 2AJFX-MINI on mine.

Back