Where to buy EVA foam and 3M stripes for GPS in Germany

frogger321

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
DCTeam
Hello everyone,

in my V2 there was no EVA foam for the mount between GPS and camera.
And with A119S EVA it's also not possible to find in german stores.
I'm also looking for the 3M stripes which are originally placed at the back of the GPS mount. Where can I buy these in Germany?'

Thanks a lot!

OCD Tronic is happy to ship to Germany. (Just received your order thanks) Enjoy!

Hello OCD Tronic
nice to meet you

you send EVA foam in Switzerland ?

jose

Hello OCD Tronic
nice to meet you

you send EVA foam in Switzerland ?

jose

Hello yes it's no problem, I just added "A119EVA" to my main OCDtronic site. I'll send you a private message with the link. :)

Thank you for your professionalism and your quick sending :)

How do you order from OCD Tronic while he does not ship to European countries (referring to amazon order form).
I started conversation with OCD Tronic about shipping A119S v2 to Europe but got no response.
thanx in advance

How do you order from OCD Tronic while he does not ship to European countries (referring to amazon order form).
I started conversation with OCD Tronic about shipping A119S v2 to Europe but got no response.
thanx in advance

Hello, where did you send the message to? I always respond nearly instantly. Amazon.com (FBA) won't ship outside the USA but I can ship from my direct web site or ebay stores.

Last edited:
Thank you for quick response.
I sent it using conversation feature of this forum (check out the Inbox)

Thank you for quick response.
I sent it using conversation feature of this forum (check out the Inbox)

Yes, I replied there. You can order direct or through ebay.

You can order direct or through ebay

WTF........... When did you set up ebay and I picked up my V2 today so thank you.

The GPS clicked nice and tight and doubt that I will need the EVA pads that jokiin will send but again thanks.

I will walk across the road for a 32gb Lexar card and right now the camera has been connected to a 12000mAh battery pack for several hours to sort out the settings and test my power bank which will be different when its actually recording.

For those that don't know, you can stop the beeping/record flashing button by pressing the emergency/record button when there is no card installed to play with the settings which doesn't say so in the quick start guide.

Yes, I replied there. You can order direct or through ebay.

I still cannot see answer in Conversations. However I found your e-shop clicked through FB. How can I find you on ebay?
Since I have A119S already, I'm trying to help my friend to buy this dashcam from you.
with regards

Last edited:
WTF........... When did you set up ebay and I picked up my V2 today so thank you.

The GPS clicked nice and tight and doubt that I will need the EVA pads that jokiin will send but again thanks.
they're generally not needed straight away but it may loosen up after a week or so, then is the best time to add the EVA, I posted it on Monday so you should still get that before you end up needing it anyway

it may loosen up after a week or so

Rubbish.......... When I replaced a windscreen 2 years ago with the same rearview mirror it stuck fine and is still there.

Its all relevant to size and weight and type of sticky pad

Rubbish.......... When I replaced a windscreen 2 years ago with the same rearview mirror it stuck fine and is still there.

Its all relevant to size and weight and type of sticky pad

the housing plastic can stretch, if and when that happens you get a bit too much space in between the mount and the camera and you can get a rattle in the audio as the camera vibrates on the bracket, the EVA foam takes up the slack to stop it vibrating, nothing to do with your windscreen

Its nice and tight as it is and I have no intention/reason to remove the camera from the GPS which will loosen over time if I did it often which I wont

I reckon a couple of these cameras would work well in a 4wd

Last edited:
Its nice and tight as it is and I have no intention/reason to remove the camera from the GPS which will loosen over time if I did it often

I reckon a couple of these cameras would work well in a 4wd

they will get looser if you remove regularly

the housing plastic can stretch, if and when that happens you get a bit too much space in between the mount and the camera and you can get a rattle in the audio as the camera vibrates on the bracket, the EVA foam takes up the slack to stop it vibrating, nothing to do with your windscreen

Aside from the rattling noises the vibrations can also degrade video quality somewhat, as I've learned from driving around the dirt and gravel roads where I live.

Aside from the rattling noises the vibrations can also degrade video quality somewhat

Unless your a serious photographer or a whinger

Don't get me wrong, I can complain.......... Within reason

Unless your a serious photographer or a whinger

Don't get me wrong, I can complain.......... Within reason

FWIW, I do happen to be a pro photographer, but I'll take my seven years of hands on dash cam experience with numerous different cameras and mounts while driving around on bumpy rural roads over the opinion of someone who has never owned a dash cam or maybe only very recently purchased their first one after almost two and a half years of vicarious dash cam experiences as a member here on DCT.

The fact of the matter is that vibrations do cause a significant loss of detail and can mean the difference between capturing a plate number or not, along with other vital details. Recently, I had a situation that I needed to report to the police where I was asked if I could prove who was actually driving the vehicle. Of the two front facing cameras I had running at that moment one of them clearly captured the drivers face and one of them didn't. I later discovered that the mount was very slightly loose on the second camera.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V A119S 2
I A119S 1
OCD Tronic A119S 56
Back