Where to buy EVA foam and 3M stripes for GPS in Germany

The fact of the matter is that vibrations do cause a significant loss of detail

Far less so IF I stick and hold it properly to mitigate vibrations which I will assume is negligible when I stick it properly where I want it

You finicky camera guys drive me nuts

Far less so IF I stick and hold it properly to mitigate vibrations which I will assume is negligible when I stick it properly where I want it

As has clearly been shown in this thread, even "sticking" the camera mount securely may not guarantee that your camera won't vibrate. Again, an example of not having any real world practical experience with using dash cams before dishing out advice. Mounts have long been one of the trickiest and most problematic components in dashboard cameras as anyone who has experience using various dash cams is well aware.

There are those of us who are particular about image quality, who appreciate its value and take steps to achieve it, and there are lackadaisical, careless types who don't give a ****, think it doesn't matter or just don't know any better. Of course, people should always do whatever makes them happy and live with the consequences. For me, I'll go for reliable, sharper image capture every time because experience has been my guide.

Again, your pedantic rhetoric is sometimes moot with a 100 clam dashcam

Words like may or could or whatever are irrelevant regardless of your prowess which I know is recognized by some here sometimes

Again, your pedantic rhetoric is sometimes moot with a 100 clam dashcam

Words like may or could or whatever are irrelevant regardless of your prowess which I know is recognized by some here sometimes

It's really kind of bizarre and rather laughable that anyone here on DCT would argue against the idea of having sharper, vibration free videos. That is a goal most members strive for actually.

So, answer a question for me @Hombré. Do you even own a dash cam?

I know you've been toying with the idea for the two and a half years you've been a member here on DCT but it certainly appears that you don't, or maybe you just bought one a couple of weeks ago and are experiencing what it is like to actually own one for the first time. What are you doing in this forum all this time anyway other than mouthing off about devices you only know about from looking at your computer?

Obviously, if you don't even own a dash cam and have never used one or have only just bought one you have no clue what you are talking about.

Last edited:

The vibration that the EVA foam deals with is between the mount and the camera, it has no relationship to how well the mount is attached to the window

The vibration that the EVA foam deals with is between the mount and the camera, it has no relationship to how well the mount is attached to the window

Yeah, I was tryin' to say that too earlier. Experience is the best teacher. :)

Last edited:
I have had to deal with dashcam vibrations before, particularly with my DOD LS360W. The camera gives GREAT video, but because of the loose mount/camera connection, I get serious "jello' effects when hitting rough roads. Don't know what Hombre's problem is, but crappy video quality due to a vibrating camera could be a serious issue when trying to defend yourself in court. I would ignore this ignorant DCT member.

I have had to deal with dashcam vibrations before, particularly with my DOD LS360W. The camera gives GREAT video, but because of the loose mount/camera connection, I get serious "jello' effects when hitting rough roads. Don't know what Hombre's problem is, but crappy video quality due to a vibrating camera could be a serious issue when trying to defend yourself in court. I would ignore this ignorant DCT member.

Well, he's been around here way too long to ignore but maybe he will achieve true enlightenment one day. :penguin:

Hello, where did you send the message to? I always respond nearly instantly. Amazon.com (FBA) won't ship outside the USA but I can ship from my direct web site or ebay stores.

Hi

I've sent you a message about this to UK

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V A119S 2
I A119S 1
OCD Tronic A119S 56
Back