Where to mount the A119 in a Subaru XV with Subaru's Eyesight Lenses ?

rony

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi.
Because of the Subaru's Eyesight Lenses , It's difficult for me to mount the A119 on the front window.
Subaru doesn't recommend mounting near the Eyesight lenses , And if I will mount at the window corner - maybe it have bad influence on the side Airbags Operation .
Any advice will be appreciated
Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 10.27.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 10.27.10 AM.png
    94 KB · Views: 6
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 10.26.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 10.26.59 AM.png
    426.6 KB · Views: 8
Welcome to DCT @rony :)

Our member @BlackboxMyCar used to have a diagram for this in a blog page but the link I found brings a 404 error, so now that I've tagged them maybe they can help?

Some folks have mounted to the right of the 'eyesight' module but wipers didn't clear the area so that's not optimal There's only a certain area which needs to be kept clear of anything and a good central mounting is possible as long as you do that.

Phil

Thanks
Sorry but I didn’t understand the best specific mounting place

Thanks
Sorry but I didn’t understand the best specific mounting place
Need to wait for member Blackboxmycar to respond, they had the info you need once and I hope they still do. They should respond here soon.

I don't have a Subaru- I'm just interested in everything "dashcam" and I try to bookmark anything which might be helpful to someone. I've seen the diagram I mentioned in a few places and also sonmething on YouTube, but I forgot to bookmark anything on this and try as I might I can't find this stuff again :( By using the "@" symbol before a DCT member's screen-name (known as 'tagging') they will receive a notification to read the message posted, and BlackBoxMyCar are quite helpful and knowledgeable so I'm sure we'll have an answer when they next check in here.

Phil

Thanks for waiting!

No issue for Subaru Eyesight, and we'd recommend mounting beside the rearview mirror. This shouldn't cause interference issues with Eyesight whatsoever.

Checking in on why our team deleted that page!

Back