Which 5000 series or GitUp?

v6matt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been watching videos, but most seem to be out of date as they use old firmware.

I am simply looking for a cam that produces great videos (contrast/frame rate), has wifi and is reliable.

Thus I started to look at:-

5000 WIFI - The videos look great, but then I saw the 5000+ which has a better framerate and 2k
5000+ -The videos that I have seen seem to show a horrible yellow tinge, and reviews state poor reliability and poor battery life
5000x Elite - Apparently this has a gyro and can record 4k, but then I have read that the gyro doesnt work, but mention the Git2
Git2 - Looks impressive, with a functioning Gyro but pictures not quite as vibrant as the 5000x.

With the latest firmware, what do you recommend? As you can see, not clear cut.

I can get the 5000+ for the same price as the 5000 wifi (but its refurbished apparently), the 5000x is about £25 more (and is the same as Git2).

The 5000 WIFI sounds like a strong all rounder, and I am tempted by the 5000+ as it should be better from the specs but just seems to have so many issues.

Thoughts?

would only choose the Git2 out of all these personally

Thanks, could you explain why? and is there anything else out there that is better?

Because we are on a dashcam forum I would recommend Git1 as dashcam. For me is the best and only action cam until now which can be used as dashcam.
Just look at this comparison:

enjoy,
Mtz

quality control, firmware etc is hit and miss with SJCAM, far too much of it is miss unfortunately

better developers behind the GitUp product that are more serious about the product and ongoing development

maybe other products worth looking at, not at this price range though

5000x Elite - Apparently this has a gyro and can record 4k, but then I have read that the gyro doesnt work, but mention the Git2
The gyro has been fixed, took a long time to do it but I was quite impressed by the performance of the gyro stabilisation in this hand held test, even the sound is almost reasonable now:

Not so impressed by the image quality though, but at least you don't notice any loss in quality when you upload to YouTube :D

(I had accidently pressed the up button and it zoomed in to x8. At the time I hadn't discovered how to zoom out again, pressing down goes to a menu, so I was stuck on x8 zoom.)

Go for the GitUp Git2, especially if you are a photographer - great colours, great gyro, great audio, great support...

@v6matt

To be honest, I actually prefer the video quality of the SJCam in terms of video footage, I currently own both the SJCam 5000 Elite and the Git2, with the latest firmware on both cameras I use these devices as a dash camera.

However the build quality of the Git2 is better and so is the mic sound, Plus the Gyro is slightly better on the git2

However the SJCam has an adjustable FOV 70,110,140,170 while the Git2 only does 120,170

If you want me to upload some videos just give me a shout.

I have some video footage with Gyro on and both cameras running 170 FOV and then a narrow view. Git2 running 120FOV and SJCAM running 110 FOV

In terms of support, what I can say is use this forum, as the Git2 forum and SJCam Forum is not that good.

Last edited:
Thanks all, I have to say that I am impressed by everything I have seen for the Git2.

@OptimalKiller if you could post videos that would be much appreciated.

no problem uploading 4 videos, each file is around 800mb in size.

both cameras was used at the same time of recording, 2 videos will be with Wide angle view FOV 170 and the other 2 videos will be narrow FOV.

will post the link in the next couple of hours as the upload speed is quite slow.

@v6matt

I have got all the videos uploaded. As a side note I would like to apologies if for the swearing in one of the videos, I was being impatient. :)

All filmed in 108p6 60FPS with Gyro turned On

FOV 170 Degrees

Git2
https://mega.nz/#!mkgVSTLL!D_7ZxUUbsM9IjfxNaxTB3bIUznCRZydR4Psi0zOZwus

SJCam 5000 Elite
https://mega.nz/#!285ClQAZ!BMTxTh3BqjGDUR8fvUEj9WKzi8MZ4YtmIvXkffD5uog

FOV 120 Degree for Git2 and 110 Degree SJcam

Git2
https://mega.nz/#!61BHlKwD!9RubcG1BLXMUh7aKRWYbHJtNR3KSbFGbTIentNjgHOc

SJCam
https://mega.nz/#!38JwxTiY!FlLOUn5TMZ6frUgFYear4cPEZnr_SHST1d8d6ZyqwFg

Also would like to hear from other people re the quality of the Camera footage with the latest firmware.

Also just to add, there is around a minute difference between the cameras, As I forgot to hit the record button on of the cams, which is why you will see each clip there is a slight difference in terms of what video footage is captured.

Thank you for the videos.

For me I preferred the Git2 in both of those videos, the colours seem more natural, less oversaturated. Also the FOV appears to be lower on the SJ for the same FOV level?

Both are great quality though.

yer unfortunately I am so use to over saturated colours as my phone is a Samsung with AMOLED screen, so I am pretty use to it.

regarding the FOV Levels

the first 2 videos both cameras was set to 170 FOV

the next 2 videos are slightly different FOV,

The Git2 was set to 120 FOV
the SJCAM was set to 110 FOV

unfortunately that was the closest FOV I could set on the cameras.

However I am glad the videos helped you decide which camera to purchase.

Just an update, I ordered a Git2 and from my quick play this evening it appears to be excellent.

Thanks again

sjcam has just been terrible as far as quality control from what I can see

I had an SJCAM M10 for Xmas and sent it back after a few weeks of issues. I was looking at the 5000x due to the 4k video, but reading the reviews of poor quality and customer service, I may just go with the Git2

Any thoughts?

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

I had an SJCAM M10 for Xmas and sent it back after a few weeks of issues. I was looking at the 5000x due to the 4k video, but reading the reviews of poor quality and customer service, I may just go with the Git2

Any thoughts?

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

SJCAM's customer service has been improved. If you have ANY issues, open a ticket or email Tony@sjcamhd.com.

Check the SJCAM forums as we now have the SJ6 Legend coming out soon :)

Back