Which brand and type of SD card is most compatible with DR650S?

sausagedelay

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have a few lying at home that are 64gb so I'd be a waste if I didn't use them. But before I stick them in there I wanted to double check that they were compatible and wouldn't cause issues. Which SD cards are best?

Have anyone try Lexar 1000x?

I'm using the Lexar 633x 128GB with no issues.

What are you settings for video recording? I have the 128GB Lexar 633x (Verified good card) and on the newest firmware, setting the recording to FHD 30FPS front cameras x HD 30FPS rear camera at Highest picture quality setting, I get a bunch of 13 second video clips and stuttering/missing frames from time to time as well as gaps in the recording.

Reverting back to the original 16GB Blackvue branded OEM card, there are no issues with the same settings.

I did note that while underground in a parking garage when there is no GPS data being recorded, the memory card appears to work fine, but the moment it starts recording all the GPS and telemetry data to the card, thats when it starts to freak out.
I have it on highest quality and 3 min recording intervals on firmware 1.005.
I formatted the card inside the camera by holding down the WiFi for 10 secs.
No problems.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well crap. According to this review, it seems the 633x cards DID start to have more issues with dashcams. Some speculation is due to a memory shortage the quality of the cards were reduced to keep the costs low while other car prices have risen. Sigh, and I threw the packaging out right away. I guess Ill just use it in my Amazon Fire TV or something else and find a better card elsewhere.

https://www.carcamcentral.com/guide/recommended-sd-cards-avoid-sandisk-ultra-cards
I did have one random restarting event lately. I need to check and see if mine is saving the short clips too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I really don't want to buy a Blackvue card because I know its just a re-branded card from someone else like Delkin or ADATA and the warranty on them are crap.

FWIW, the microSD to SD adapter that I received with a BlackVue card recently is labelled "ADATA"

When I have a chance while home I'll run AmorphousDiskMark on my two BlackVue branded cards (16GB & 64GB). Haven't had them very long though, I only recently bought the BV for my 2nd vehicle.

Good to hear, do please report back after a few weeks. I had a PNY Elite card that worked fairly well for several weeks. Right up until the week my wife borrowed my truck while her car was in the shop. My work has a parking deck, hers doesn't. A couple days sitting in full sun cooked the PNY card dead.

BTW, not to be a pedant, but heat index is meaningless for objects. It's a "feels like" metric based off humidity and its effect on human perspiration. Helpful for people needing to be outdoors so they can be safe, and of course helpful for weather forecasters to have big numbers to talk about. :D

I was looking at them, but from what I have seen, Samsung MicroSD card warranties are void if used in a dashcam. Ill have to look into it further. But, no warranty might be the tradeoff I have to live with to get 128GB.
Nearly every manufacturer will void the warranty if used in dashcams unless they are specifically intended for that purpose (eg. "High Endurance", etc)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O DR650S 7
Back