Which brand of SD card do you use?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd like to get a new SD card for my dash cam? Which brand would you recommend? Better keep the price under $60

What size card are you looking for as far as storage goes? The more storage, the higher the price.

With cards you can't go by price alone. Dashcams need high-quality cards capable of handling large sizes and rates of writing speeds, and even then not every good card works in every cam; our little 'friends' can be picky about which cards work well. Best to check on each cam in it's own forum to see what other users have experienced ;)
On sizes, get a big card if you can. Not only do you get more recording time, the card will also last longer. Cards are relatively cheap right now, take advantage of that.

For most cams, the Samsung EVO Select from Amazon is a good value, and it's currently what I use in all my many cams. Just be sure it's sold and shipped by Amazon to avoid fakes. Same card as their EVO plus. The newer A1 labelled Sandisk Ultra is also know to work well in most cams. High endurance cards are generally not necessary and some of those have lower write speeds so again, follow what other's have experienced to avoid card-related problems :cool:

Phil

Samsung evo plus are very reliable, I have around 8 micro sd cards that are 128gb lol

I am using Roav by Anker Dash Cam with FHD Sony Sensor and it works great for me. The Roav dashcam from Anker boasts an advanced Exmore sensor from Sony and has a wide-angle lens to capture as much visual information from the scene as possible.

Back