Which cam do you recommend for what I need?

Techguy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a lawn service. I would like to put a camera in each truck. I need gps, front and rear camera, audio, cloud storage so I can view it at a later date, live view.

Not sure if this is possible but I need something that is hands off. I can tell the crews that I want them to hit record when they get in the truck but that does not always work. Do any of these cams have the option to record when activity is detected etc?

I have read up on so many cams. I actually didn't even know that dash cams came with 4g until I saw this owl cam but I am not sure if it is any good or not. But that I would ask the pros here.

Thanks, Jason.

closest fit to what you want is probably the Blackvue DR750, needs a hotspot for cloud though, doesn't have 4G built in

If you can do without the cloud service that opens up a whole lot more options. Are you sure that you really need it, instead of simply reviewing individual microSD cards on a regular basis?

Do remember if one of your guys have driven for 3 hours in a day, and you want to survey it all, then you also have to watch video for 3 hours.
You can of course FF with picture on, but then you risk loosing little things.
Or you can just focus on events created during the day, which should not be too many with a camera that are dialed in properly ( G-sensor )

I am not so sure about 4G, if you are going to move the raw footage ( 1080p ) over a connection like that it will eat up gigabytes pretty fast as a camera generate about 100 MB of data for each minute it record.
And also you don't find 4G anywhere for on the fly offloading, not even in little old Denmark with a pretty darn good digital infrastructure, so the selling of the new 5G licenses also entailed the providers to give even better coverage for worth while phone internet speeds thru-out the country.
There are actually places here in this little and fairly flat country where you get 0 cell phone service, so people living there are forced to have a land line for phone calls.
These black spots here are of course small like the rest of the country, but they are still there.
When i am out driving i often see my phone drop down to 3G and once in a while even lower than that, and my provider have a good grid, and i get roaming for free with the out right best provider too, so have 2 good nation wide networks available to me, and they both can be bad in places.

Back