Which Camera has a good iPhone app for downloading videos

proplayer44

Reaction score
Country
Canada
My 10 year old son has a youtube channel (74 followers woohoo) and loves making goofy videos and editing using his iPhone, and then uploading straight to youtube. He edits them quite well and easily with an app on the phone. I want to get him an Action camera so he can mount it to his chest, head, bike or underwater. I kind of prefer to keep it cheap as possible, like avoiding go pro if possible but a MUST MUST MUST is a camera that has an accompanying iPhone app that allows for the videos to easily be downloaded to the iPhone and then to be able to access the video with his editing app. It seems many cameras have good Android apps and once downloaded to the Android device are easily accessible by other apps. This can be a struggle on iphone.

If he doesn't have this easily accessible feature, the camera will end up staying in the box and he'll just use his phone for recording.

I have been searching youtube and the googles for specific details about downloadability of videos to the phone and can't find anything. All I have found is a few crappy apps with a couple reviews that say, "this is crap, this app don't work". And then the odd app that does claim to work, they don't specify if the app can actually download the video to the phone.

I was hoping to get maybe the ELEphone, the EKEN or maybe last years YI.

Any ideas, any luck with apps for these devices?

Hey we have a dedicate bespoke app for our camera the JooVuu x. Any questions.just drop me a message :)

Kind regards

Dan

based on what i've read here, i'd avoid eken or ele cams like the plague - they aren't durable, are buggy, and generally don't live up to their advertised specs/claims.

the original xiaomi Yi has a big following here on the forum and is apparently a pretty awesome camera - i almost bought one myself. Keep in mind though - it's not as easy to use as some others because it doesn't have a screen. i can't speak on usability myself since i don't have one.

i like my @gitup Git1 and Git2 cameras (especially since they fit in any case made for GoPro Hero 3+/4 and as such there's a bajillion accessories/mounts available), but GitUp still hasn't released their official app yet, and we don't know when it will be out. That said, there are other apps that work with the cameras (I use FN Cam by @Fusion Next who is here on the forum - i think they have an iphone version too). I don't have an iphone, but on android, you CAN use FN Cam to copy videos from the camera to the phone over wifi and then do whatever you want with it.

On android phone, there is new way better than Wi-Fi to download the video, use the OTG cable, like connect the camera with computer.

I think Belkin makes an adapter for iPhones that lets you plug in a micro SD card and read the contents directly on the iPhone/iPad. Then you don't need wifi or an app either. And that means longer battery life (in theory anyway).

based on what i've read here, i'd avoid eken or ele cams like the plague - they aren't durable, are buggy, and generally don't live up to their advertised specs/claims.

the original xiaomi Yi has a big following here on the forum and is apparently a pretty awesome camera - i almost bought one myself. Keep in mind though - it's not as easy to use as some others because it doesn't have a screen. i can't speak on usability myself since i don't have one.

i like my @gitup Git1 and Git2 cameras (especially since they fit in any case made for GoPro Hero 3+/4 and as such there's a bajillion accessories/mounts available), but GitUp still hasn't released their official app yet, and we don't know when it will be out. That said, there are other apps that work with the cameras (I use FN Cam by @Fusion Next who is here on the forum - i think they have an iphone version too). I don't have an iphone, but on android, you CAN use FN Cam to copy videos from the camera to the phone over wifi and then do whatever you want with it.

Thanks, we recently release testing version iOS app FNmulticam
please download as follow link :
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1101656817

There are key features :
1.One app support multi-platform : AMBA, NTK,AIT, OTUS
2.Local camera (phone camera) support , use can use remote cam & local cam aloneo or combine.
3.Map function support :
1) Real-time map (apple & baidu) , speed , tracking
2) File view by map
3) Video & tracking playback. (use need to keep app in backgroup for gps data record)
4.Player :
1) Fram by fram playback
2) Playback speed 0.5~2X
3) Drawing on screen (can not save, if want to save please use editing function)
5.Editing:
1)Video trim & combine (video & photo)
2)add text
3)add graphic & photo
4)add drawing
5)add voice from mic or music

In this test version ,we add some limitation in the file recording & view and editing length.

Welcome any feedback & thanks.

Back