KarenD

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I want to buy a new dash cam for the front and rear of my car. I don't mind buying two individual ones or 2 channel one. Price isn't such a huge issue. Camera will be hardwired.

Looking for something reliable, good video quality (night and daytime) and good parking mode.

I was looking at the Thinkware f750 but some videos look really clear and others bit blocky. Supposedly the bit rate is lower when using front and rear so maybe this is the reason. I am also concerned about the reliability of the memory card. But the app seems handy and the parking mode seems really good. I don't have a need for the gps/lane guidance/crash warning etc alerts. Shame Thinkware don't sell a re-badged black gold iNavi camera.

I had a look at the Street guardian SGZC12SG but it doesn't have a rear camera option and buying two of them is a lot more expensive and it's also not as discreet. But it does seem really reliable. Not sure how video quality compares with the Thinkware.

Can anyone comment on which camera I should go for ?

The SGZC12RC is somthing else than the SGZC12SG, it have a ultra small camera unit on a wire and then a small headunit with a little screen on it for doing settings and line the camera up.
Thise is about as discreete as you can get, they are aussie cameras, and if you are in the Sydney area and have a malfunction you might get a visit from the boss himself with new hardware for you, thats the kind of service and customer care these guys provide.
The only minus would be the microfone in in the headunit, so if you stash it really deep in your car it might have problems picking up faint sounds.
If you stick the main unit/s in the glove box it should not be that much of a issue, at least not i think with a plastic glove box like in my cheap ass little Suzuki.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...c12rc-remote-lens-sony-exmor-imx322-wdr.8500/

If you can wait some months then Rick is brewing on some new Street Guardian dual channel cameras and single cameras, actually he seem to spend a lot of time in the "kitchen" these days.
But the planned ETA is expected to be at the end of the year as i undestand it.

Last edited:
Back