Which card do you recommend?

brk

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Hi,

I have just got my VicoVation TF2+ Premium camera. I did research about memory cards but I am confused. Some say that even if you buy class 10 sdhc card, when your card has limited space it will slow down and that will effect the video.

Should I look UHS-1 sdhc cards? I don't know if they are compitable with TF2+. Or can you recommend me non uhs-1 card that it's speed is good?

any good class 10 card will be fine, not sure who told you it will slow down when nearly full but there is no truth to that

I asked here because I saw people complaining about this issue. Then I don't need to worry about that.

Thank you for your answer.

I asked here because I saw people complaining about this issue. Then I don't need to worry about that.

Thank you for your answer.

some of the cheap no name cameras are fussy with cards, the TF2+ is a good quality camera, should give you no issue but always best to use good quality brand name cards

jokiin is correct. The TF2 plus is a well built camera. I use a Sandisk 32GB Class 10 Ultra card in my TF2. I have also used a Transcend Class 10 Micro SD card in side a Trancend SD adapter in a pinch for about 20 mins while I needed to keep my TF2 running (it runs 24 hours a day) and archive some footage off my usual SD card.

While i would not recommend using an adapter with a micro card for an extended period i did not have any issues when i put my other card back in.

I also use a Sandisk Micro 32GB Ultra Class 10 card in my Vico WF1 and have only had an issue twice one time i believe from not letting the card format correctly so that was user error on my end. The one other time the camera did said it was full and would not loop record for some reason, but it seems okay now.

Slightly off topic, but congratulations brk on making the plunge and buying a great well built camera. Hopefully it will serve you well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest also formatting the card in the camera with the in-built option. I use this SDCARD for my Panorama II and Vicovation TF2+ and it's the best I've ever used with heat resistance, reliability and speed.

Environment:
  • 2.7 ~ 3.6V
  • -40°C to -85°C
  • -25°C to -85°C
  • 40°C, 93%, 500hours (storage)
  • 10000 mating cycles

Here is the link from Samsung: [url]http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/memory-cards-hdd-odd/memory-cards-accessories/sdhc-pro/MB-SGBGB/EU-spec[/URL]

SDCARD%202.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi,

Thank you all for your comments. I formatted the sdhc card via camera and upgraded my firmware. I bought Kingston 32gb class10 sdhc card(it was very cheap than the other cards) and tested my camera today and works fine so far.

03e8.jpg

To be honest I used to stick to Sandisk cards because that is what my local BestBuy carries in store. They would price match Amazon and when I get a new electronic device that needs something like batteries or a memory card to work I get a little impatient.

I was like that until my G1W had issues with a Sandisk MicroSD card then i switched to Transcend

I would suggest also formatting the card in the camera with the in-built option. I use this SDCARD for my Panorama II and Vicovation TF2+ and it's the best I've ever used with heat resistance, reliability and speed.

Environment:
  • 2.7 ~ 3.6V
  • -40°C to -85°C
  • -25°C to -85°C
  • 40°C, 93%, 500hours (storage)
  • 10000 mating cycles

Here is the link from Samsung: http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/...y-cards-accessories/sdhc-pro/MB-SGBGB/EU-spec

SDCARD%202.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
What is the fastest rate at which the TF2+ saves data?
I don't want to spend a lot of money on a memory card like a Samsung SDHC UHS-I Pro if the camera isn't actually capable of sending data fast enough to benefit from the fast write rates of the card.

Last edited:
To be honest I used to stick to Sandisk cards because that is what my local BestBuy carries in store. They would price match Amazon and when I get a new electronic device that needs something like batteries or a memory card to work I get a little impatient.

I was like that until my G1W had issues with a Sandisk MicroSD card then i switched to Transcend
Is Transcend a reliable brand for this camera?
Looking at the specs, I noticed that it uses MLC memory cells technology, which at least with SSD hard drives may have shorter lifespans than older technology (but do have the benefit of being a lot less expensive to produce, and so cost less).

And the Transcend warranty on the website says, "The Lifetime Warranty will not apply to any Transcend memory cards used in write-intensive applications, including but not limited recursive recording or surveillance equipment."

Last edited:
Is Transcend a reliable brand for this camera?
I can't remember what is in my TF2 at this moment it could either be a SanDisk Ultra or Transcend class 10 card, but I would say yes.
I had a Sandisk mico in my Vico WF1 and had a lot of issues switched to Transcend and it ran much better. There is also a Transcend micro in my G1W still and I have not had any issues with it. If it does better in a Vico WF1 i'm sure it will do well in the TF2 Plus.

I don't have much experience with these Lifetime Warranty things but I am guessing they would count a DashCam as surveillance. My TF2 and G1W run quite often and I have had no real issue with the cards.

Are Ridata class 10 cards comparable to Samsung or Transcend?
I had to search for this brand never heard of it. If you have one already I guess you could give it a try. Based on the prices I seen on Amazon (19 dollars shipped for a 32GB class 19 card) If you are a prime member I would just grab a 32GB for 17.84 with prime shipping.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
robertthegreat TF2+ 9
W TF2+ 4
S TF2+ 2
Back