Which card?

Bugsy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Tiffany please help, can you give me a link to a compatible SD card for my 512GW. I am using a couple of Kingston 64GB cards at the moment and am getting some strange happenings. I record in 5 minute segments and format the cards once a week but don’t always get everything recorded.

What capacity do you want, 64Gb still?

What model of Kingston is it? Do you want to upload photos?

Yes 64Gb, here is photo, nothing on reverse of cards.P1020622.JPG

There has been a lot of posts here recently discussing cards.

A few manufacturers like Samsung are now producing 'high endurance' cards that are designed for dashcam use. If you're considering buying a new card then aim for one of them.

As Kremmen said go for a high endurance card. I tried several of the cheaper class 10 cards with poor results, missing video segments, only half the card capacity being used etc. but since switching to Transend high endurance cards the problem has disappeared.

My view is that these high end cameras, above 1080, need a good quality fast card or the card becomes a bottleneck and recording stops.

If that happens then reduce the resolution to 1080 or even 720 for testing.

Next check, if recording does stop, is to interrogate the card on a PC and check the used v free space, etc.

There are also some PC programs that can give these cards a good workout to let you know what they are actually capable of, which is sometimes not what is printed on the package.

Back