Which class Memory card would I need to buy for my DR750S ?

John8484

Reaction score
Country
United States
The package came with a 16gb class 1.
Would I need a class 1 only or can I get a class 10 as well ?
Also would the dashcam accept a 256 GB memory card ?

Endurance cards are specially made for video recording. I recommend you to buy Samsung Pro Endurance (It has only 32GB, 64GB and 128GB versions not 256GB version). Many members are using Samsung EVO Select (Green Color) card and the feedback is promising. But I suggest you to use Samsung Pro Endurance.

Thanks,
TK

Endurance cards are specially made for video recording ....snip....
some manufacturers call them endurance - while other manufacturers s call them high endurance. I wonder if they are the same thing.

U1 will do
Blackvue will tell you to buy their cards
but they are expensive U3s dressed with blackvue logo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
some manufacturers call them endurance - while other manufacturers s call them high endurance. I wonder if they are the same thing.
Yes. Samsung calls them as 'Endurance' while SanDisk and Kingston call them 'High Endurance'

U1 will do
Blackvue will tell you to buy their cards
but they are expensive U3s dressed with blackvue logo.

U1 or U3 doesn’t matter, the dashcam can’t even fully use the speed of U1. What matters is the number of write cycles, that’s what endurance cards are for.

Yes. Samsung calls them as 'Endurance' while SanDisk and Kingston call them 'High Endurance'
the dishonest companies that are neither, call them high performance, which means you end up with a card that in video applications is neither.

Performance and endurance are not related. Performance is for speed, raw 4k video needs huge bandwidth. Dashcams have small bandwidth (less than 5MB/s) but keep overwriting over and over many times. They need endurance.

Performance and endurance are not related. Performance is for speed, raw 4k video needs huge bandwidth. Dashcams have small bandwidth (less than 5MB/s) but keep overwriting over and over many times. They need endurance.
thank you for picking the nits. Point was, don't be confused by the terms.

U1 will would be the class ? Cuz I think it runs from 1 to 10 without a "U" just with a circle around the number.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G DR750S (1CH or 2CH) 22