Which Dash Cam Would You Recommend? Finevu CR500 HD

Nutttytart

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, new to this forum, and I am currently looking to purchase a Dash Cam, one with parking mode preferably...
Considering theFinevu CR500-HD but is it worth the £200+ price mark?

Would also like it to have
Good Night Vision

Currently have a cheap Chinese camera in the rear, and a Smart Witness in the front
Chinese one bit rubbish but does OK... rubbish night time footage
Smart Witness good day time footage, again night time can vary sometimes OK, sometimes rubbish... don't know why it changes...and it wasn't a cheap one either, so was not impressed with the results for a camera that should have cost £275...

Thanks to any one who replies, :D :D :D
[/size]

Last edited by a moderator:
Nutttytart said:
I was looking at the CR500 because of the parking mode... as people at work don't give a ---- when opening their doors or parking next to you... and some of the cars have been purposely scratched, but we have no CCTV in the car park...

These camera choices are a mine field... I already have the Smart Witness and am not impressed with the night vision... day time fine...

So you wouldn't recommend the CR500 in your opinion?

Thanks James...

I'm not sure I'd recommend it yet, there are other good alternatives like the Blackvue which has custom firmware if you want to further improve your video etc. I'm sure there are other good alternatives for your money also.
I like the camera, it's small enough that I can hide it behind my rear-view mirror.
The mount is pretty solid.
I have it hardwired so I never really have to touch it. After I've parked up, 10 minutes and it will automatically go in parking mode. You can also change it so you can manually do parking mode yourself if you prefer.
Parking mode you can set it to either record on motion detection and/or shock detection. Both 5 levels low-high so it's pretty adjustable.
I like it. I just hope the video is better on my replacement. ;)

Have you got your camera from customs yet?
If yes is it any better that previous footage?

Cheers

kingsbox said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200912734510&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
full set $349
please look or here http://www.ohmyblacbox.com/ finevU

good price but no good if there is no warranty.. if you are not a authorized reseller, and is the camera the one with the black or gold ring?

Nutttytart said:
Have you got your camera from customs yet?
If yes is it any better that previous footage?

Cheers

Yeh got it back now. With my car, I can't get it mounted in optimal position and it's catching a lot of the windscreen glare and dirt. It can read number plates A LOT better than the previous unit I had though. Still get slight blockiness when travelling through areas with a lot of trees/sunlight but I think that is to be expected.

Will try get some footage for you during the weekend.

Drove a little bit today, here's some video for you -

I think it's best to judge your purchase with actual user videos, rather than marketing videos.
As I think my CR500 doesn't match up to Alex's at blackboxmycar.com.
Whether that's down to another faulty unit sent to me or Fine Vu sending better spec'd versions out to be reviewed etc..

Edit: All with CPL filter attached, probably should of took it off during the night video.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Elvis7 CR-500HD 6