United Kingdom
Hi
Looking at purchasing a new dash cam.
I have narrowed it down to
A119 pro
Street guardian sg993dc

I currently use a mobius.
I want better picture quality.
I'm not too fussed about dual channel and parking mode.

The street guardian only comes as a dual channel and I know that viofo are realising a dual channel dash cam soon.

Would the quality of the viofo a129dc be much better than the a119?

Heres the short of it in my view

A119 Pro - 1440p, better daytime video
A119S - 1080p, better night time
A129 - basically 2ch A119S with extra feautres (bluetooth, wifi)
SG9663DC - similiar to A129 (no bluetooth that I know of), but has been out for awhile, great support from manufacturer and dealers here, 2 year warranty, and reliable from what I see. Includes quality memory card and CPL filter. Will have 3 wire parking mode.
SGGCX2 - I don't know much about this one, but I think similar to A119S but with other Street Guardian perks (support, reliable, memory card, CPL). Can't do 60fps like the Viofo. Not sure if this one will have 3 wire parking mode.

Sounds like the A119 Pro might suit you well, unless night video is more important.

Thanks for the reply.
I do a fair bit of driving at night time so am still trying to decide on the pros and cons of the a119s and a119 pro.

Alternatively the street guardian comes as a package but it is a bit more expensive for essentially the same camera.

What is the street guardian equivalent of the a119s?

@Mdukl0 Welcome to the forum.

Both brand are good.
The are a price differents and how it fit the thickness of you wallet, you know best self.
Take a look in the forum and search on both models. Take a look at videos. Hear what people says.
SG has a UK store @niko and you get the one of the best support in business. I have heard the manufacturer don't tolerate unhappy costumer, you will see him now and then, in the forum.

I have 2 a119s 1gen for around a one and a half year now. There have been working 100%. Not a single problem. From -20C to 85C. So I can recommend these also.

I have a Viofo A119Pro, on the front screen, and a SG SGGCX2 on the back.

Both are superb cameras and work faultlessly.

The aftersrevice from SG is about the best that you can get.

Hi
Looking at purchasing a new dash cam.
I have narrowed it down to
A119 pro
Street guardian sg993dc

I currently use a mobius.
I want better picture quality.
I'm not too fussed about dual channel and parking mode.

The street guardian only comes as a dual channel and I know that viofo are realising a dual channel dash cam soon.

Would the quality of the viofo a129dc be much better than the a119?
If you're not bothered about dual channel, I would recommend that you save some money and just buy a decent single channel camera

The A129 Duo is now on sale. The A129 single channel is currently presale only. It's better than my A119 at night, and on balance I would take the A129 single channel over the A119. I don't have experience of the A119Pro.

I also have a SG9665GC which developed a minor lens issue that was resolved very quickly by Niko and SG. It delivers very good performance and is extremely reliable. The newer SG9663DC has been around for a little while and is also proving to be very reliable.

Since you currently have a Mobius, you might want to take a quick look at the new Mobius Maxi if that camera format suits you, although it does not have the screen and optional GPS of the SG and Viofo cameras.

If you're not bothered about dual channel, I would recommend that you save some money and just buy a decent single channel camera

The A129 Duo is now on sale. The A129 single channel is currently presale only. It's better than my A119 at night, and on balance I would take the A129 single channel over the A119. I don't have experience of the A119Pro.

I also have a SG9665GC which developed a minor lens issue that was resolved very quickly by Niko and SG. It delivers very good performance and is extremely reliable. The newer SG9663DC has been around for a little while and is also proving to be very reliable.

Since you currently have a Mobius, you might want to take a quick look at the new Mobius Maxi if that camera format suits you, although it does not have the screen and optional GPS of the SG and Viofo cameras.

Thank you for your detailed reply.
I'm not too fussed about dual cam but would want as best quality front cam as possible.

I have had a quick look at the mobius maxi but I think this time around I will go for a dash cam with the potential to hardware it.

I wasn't aware the a129 was available.

What is the best place to purchase viofo dashcam?

I wasn't aware the a129 was available.

For us it isn't yet.

I bought the A119pro when it was reduced on amazon, it's since gone back up to £75 (£65 without gps)

Back