Which dashcam?

Ben180

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi first time post; great website with loads of info.
I'm after a dash cam that does everything and price isn't too much of a concern bit obviously the cheaper the better.
So far the LK 7900 Ace seems to be the best contender but I don't know all makes and models etc.
Must haves:
-Good quality recording so you can pick out numberplates easily
-GPS (mph)
-32gb+ memory
-Smallish so I can hide it behind rear view mirror

Ideally:
-Something similar to parking mode so not as much memory is used (someone did a hit an run on my car and I've been paranoid since)

Cheers
Ben

Itronics ITB-100HD is full black, small, smallest mount system, GPS, 1080p, good lens, big CMOS sensor, good night quality with always white light, up to 32GB memory card. But the mph is available only from some forum member which is selling the hack. Test if is still available before buying.
You can read about it on this forum and how to buy it.

enjoy,
Mtz

You can watch some sample comparisons on my Mtz's Channel
I can assure all videos are uploaded with the highest quality possible, not butchering the original quality with some stupid softwares, so the only thing can be blamed is the YouTube reencoding, but it is the same for all videos. YouTube is still keeping a very good quality and when are comparisons, the encoding is the same for all.
All that videos are honest, no tricks, or to make some advantage for some camera.

enjoy,
Mtz

Cheers I've had a look and to be honest I still prefer the lk-7900. Any others you recommend?

Try to read about the FineVu CR-500HD.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
Try to read about the FineVu CR-500HD.

enjoy,
Mtz
This is a real contender! Only slight issue is the amount of recording time; do you know if you can plug in a external hard drive or wire one in?
Cheers

I don't think you can add more space than 32GB on most cameras. On 32GB you can have about 8-10 hours of recordings.
The price of your Lukas on ebay is not bad for $260. And if will offer more storage capacity I think is better for you the Lukas.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
I don't think you can add more space than 32GB on most cameras. On 32GB you can have about 8-10 hours of recordings.
The price of your Lukas on ebay is not bad for $260. And if will offer more storage capacity I think is better for you the Lukas.

enjoy,
Mtz
My only reasoning being someone did a hit and run on my car (only a wing mirror) whilst i was asleep and I don't normally go back out to car for 12+ hours so would be ideal incase the 'accident recording' part didn't pick up enough of a shock to set it off.
Cheers for help though
Ben

Foe recording time the Lukas can't be beat. Quality seems decent as well. If you get it let us know how you like it.

DashCamMan said:
Foe recording time the Lukas can't be beat. Quality seems decent as well. If you get it let us know how you like it.
Will do cheers, just waiting for quote on a new car and I'm installing it in there hopefully

Back