Which Dashcams actually record G-sensor data ?

Ebo37

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I'm a driving instructor and want to use a dashcam as a tool in some of my lessons.
I just bought one called "Dashcam Y900", because it has a dual camera as i intend to record either myself and my student OR the road, and put the second camera on the student's feet.

The Y900 has 170 view, dual camera and a G-sensor.
Comes with a program to download called "DATAKAM".
I looked at the program and it can display G-sensor data, therefore i got it.

Turns out it has a G-sensor for collision detection but it doesn't actually seem to record the G-sensor data, all i get in the viewer is the video image.

So...
how do i know which dashcams actually record G-sensor data so it is included when played back.
Most of them seem to have a G-sensor but it seems that doesnt mean you get the data from it.
I am interested primarily in acceleration and breaking force.

Any suggestions are most welcome, thanks.
Erik

logging of G-Sensor data is common on Ambarella based models
Yes, eg the mini 08xx series, but although it is recorded, it is probably not much use for someone "interested primarily in acceleration and breaking force.", as there is not much resolution and a sample rate of only 1Hz - if you brake hard enough for it to register then you will be stopped before the 3rd sample!

Might be better off with a phone app if you know in advance when the event you want to record will happen.

Mini 0903 records sensor data.

there are others as well that do it, the info is pretty basic though and not enough to gain anything useful from I would think

Back