which dashcams support http(s) connection for download

The main problem if this will depend only about chipset manufacturers, because if they can accept this working mode, a smart firmware engineer can implement it.

Bullseye (y) With the right kind of chipset, close to perfection would be possible, but nobody is making it. And as long a cam manufacturers use the simple SOC aproach for everything without integrating other hardware into the solution to supplement it, then we will have to wait on the chip designers. I envision something more like a tower PC where the parts selected for the build are tailored for the end use :cool: Then one basic cam could be nearly perfect for everyone as it would be fine-tuned to the individual need, possibly even user-reconfigured by plugging in different parts just like a PC. But I would be happy with the current SOC approach if more capable chips were made. If I win the big lottery I will certainly put a large chunk of money toward making better things happen with dashcams ;)

Phil

A dual chipset can record two images simultaneously, like the SG9663DC is doing. The chipset NT96663 doesn't know if the image from one camera is plain or 360 degrees so it will record what the CMOS is capturing. This is a 360 degrees video snapshot from my previous post:
360 degrees image.jpg

There are already Novatek 360 degrees cameras on the market so the Novatek does know what to do with a 360 degrees imagine. Just imagine this action camera mounted under the rear view mirror:
action camera 360 degrees.jpg
There is for sure an APP for this NT96660 Novatek camera which can decode a 360 degrees image. So it is really impossible NT96663 to create and decode a 360 degrees image if the NT96660 already can?

Look here for a video from that CCTV camera which is mounted in the middle of a car:
This camera is on topic with this thread because it can stream to my home Wi-Fi because it is based on ONVIF protocol. So I can avoid using a dashcam for this, but using a 5V CCTV camera with IR and SD Card included which costs $32.

And here one mounted on the windshield:

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
Back