Which dual 1080p motorbike dash camera?

BlueRubber

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

New to the forum and am looking for a dual 1080p high bit-rate motorbike dash camera just in case of an accident.
Ideally, I would like a dual 4k system but that doesn't seem to be available yet and the 4k/1080p combo is too expensive for me.

This seems to fit the bill, but even the manufacturer website doesn't list the recording bit-rate: D6WL

Would the above system be my best choice or are there better ones out there?

I use the Blueskysea DV988 because I have to have a screen (I use it for backing up). I have an Arcimoto 3 wheeled motorcycle so it has to have some waterproofing and the DV988 works well. Wired in so that it starts and stops with startup/shutdown. Only thing I don't like is the screen is impossible to see in any sort of light and the screen has no brightness control.

Yes the screens on cameras are not high quality screens like you see on some phone ( OLED ) if the camera have wifi and you have the phone connected it will probably do a lot better.

Thanks all.
I should have mentioned I would actually prefer to have no screen so the DVR unit is smaller and I can store it under my seat.

I can see the same manufacturer has this unit without a screen but it has a different sensor and processor, not sure if these are worse or better than the DV988:
B1M:
Processor: Novatek 96663
Image Sensor: IMX323

DV988:
Processor: MSC9339D
Image Sensor: 2MP Cmos Sensor

Does anyone know which spec is better as the price of the units is very similar.

No screen and good wifi:

I can see the same manufacturer has this unit without a screen but it has a different sensor and processor, not sure if these are worse or better than the DV988:
I haven't compared the two, but I would expect the B1M to be significantly better, with the Viofo above better still. The Viofo has a similar processor to the B1M but a slightly better sensor and better lens. It is best to avoid the cheaper cameras, you do generally get what you pay for.

Note that these do all suffer from vibration if there is a lot of it, they do well on heavier bikes, don't expect great results on a lightweight off road bike.

Thanks Nigel, the cameras will be fitted to a Tiger 800 so the vibrations should be minimal.
Sounds like the B1M is the camera for me

Only thing I don't like is the screen is impossible to see in any sort of light and the screen has no brightness control.
E_w8tH4UYAc8dWB.jpg

Might this cover be helpful?

Thanks for the info everyone, I have ordered a B1M; just need to figure out where to fit the front camera.

Thanks for the link, I will check it out.
I will be fitting it to a 2019 Triumph Tiger 800 XRX

Thanks for the link, I will check it out.
I will be fitting it to a 2019 Triumph Tiger 800 XRX
Post some video from a scenic ride when you get some, decent camera with a nice bike should be very watchable, I’m interested to hear it too.

By the time the camera arrives and I have fitted it we will be deep into winter so the footage might not be great due to water on the lenses.
But when I do eventually get some good footage I will post it up here.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Finally got some footage of nice country roads.

Front camera:

Read camera:
You can invert the video in VLC by going to Tools > Effects and Filters > Video Effects > Geometry > Transform.

You'll notice that the footage from the rear camera looks better, that is due to it being mounted to my fairly solid aluminium top box plate; while the front camera is mounted to a fog light.

Hi all,

New to the forum and am looking for a dual 1080p high bit-rate motorbike dash camera just in case of an accident.
Ideally, I would like a dual 4k system but that doesn't seem to be available yet and the 4k/1080p combo is too expensive for me.

This seems to fit the bill, but even the manufacturer website doesn't list the recording bit-rate: D6WL

Would the above system be my best choice or are there better ones out there? Herzlich willkommen beim Online-Prozentrechner! Wenn Sie verschiedene Berechnungen mit Prozenten durchführen möchten, sind Sie hier genau an der richtigen Stelle. Unser benutzerfreundlicher Prozentrechner ermöglicht es Ihnen, schnell und präzise den Prozentsatz einer Zahl zu berechnen. Sie können damit auch die Zahl plus oder minus einen Prozentsatz ermitteln prozentrechner-online, die prozentuale Veränderung zwischen zwei Zahlen berechnen, die Mehrwertsteuer berechnen und sogar Prozente in Dezimalzahlen umwandeln. Probieren Sie es gleich aus und erledigen Sie Ihre Prozentberechnungen mühelos und effizient!
While the D6WL dual motorcycle dash camera you mentioned seems to meet your requirements, it's important to consider some factors before making a decision. One crucial aspect is the recording bit-rate, which unfortunately is not listed on the manufacturer's website. The recording bit-rate determines the quality and clarity of the captured footage. A higher bit-rate generally results in better video quality. To ensure you're getting a reliable and high-quality dash camera, it's advisable to read customer reviews and ratings for the D6WL model or explore other options available in the market. Look for features like dual 1080p resolution, high bit-rate recording, waterproof design, and night vision capabilities. Additionally, consider checking reputable online retailers or specialized motorbike accessory stores for a wider range of options. Reading reviews and comparing different models can help you make an informed decision based on your budget and specific requirements. Remember to prioritize factors such as video quality, durability, ease of use, and customer support when selecting a dash camera for your motorbike.

I'll jump into the topic. Unfortunately, I had a bad experience with Blueskysea and their warranty service. I bought an A12 in February and in April it was already damaged. It turned out that the device was not completely waterproof and water got under the screen during a small rain. I had to pay £25 to send it back. Now the same thing happened with the new device and once again I have to pay for sending it back. I'm fed up and I'm determined to send them back and demand a refund.
Now I'm looking for another device, you wrote about Viofo MT1 and I see that it is available in the UK for £229. It is much more expensive, but taking into account the previously incurred costs including warranty repair in Blueskysea, the price on Viofo is not that terrible.
Can you recommend anything else?

I'd be interested in hearing from you about what's best now.

Viofo MT1 looks quite good and the cameras are small, I wonder how easy they would be to fit in a car as driver and passenger window cameras.

I sent the damaged camera back to Blueskysea 2 months ago via airmail as they recommended. They claim that they did not receive it, so I was left without the device and without money, plus 2x shipping at my expense.
Today I decided to buy a new one and started comparing. I was thinking about Vsysto, but complaints are handled in the same way as in Blueskysea, so that's a big minus. In addition, Vsysto uses IMX323 and IMX307 sensors, while Viofo MT1 has IMX291, which is a much better sensor, especially night vision. An additional advantage is that we are an authorized distributor in the UK, so you won't have to send it back to China if necessary. It is true that there is a large price difference, but after adding the tax the difference is not that big and the equipment is better. After the weekend I have to contact the distributor, maybe I will get some discount because I will be ordering 3 sets - for myself and 2 of my friends.
After installation, I will test this Viofo MT1 and share the recording

Back