Which Firmware, Just Installed 750 2 ch

gapi

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A129
My cam has 1.001 out of the box.
What's the current recommended stable version?

Most current version: 1.006
Most current stable version: 1.005

There hopefully will be an update sooner than later, but I'm starting to wonder.

I'd probably either just stay on 1.001, or reach out to BlackVue customer service and they might email you 1.005, at least until a new update comes.

I updated to 1.005 and now my 750 stopped making announcements. What do you all think the issue is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK Thanks Guys, and Aalexsoll for the v5. Flashed and all is working. No bricking and both cams are recording.

If you can please tell me your preferred video settings.

I had to decrease the up and down event sensitivity a little.
I left the FHD60 - FHD30 (Sports) default, and bumped up the brightness on the rear a notch due to the CPL and mild tint film.
I have a nice optics quality CPL on the front that doesn't degrade quality that I can see.
I am moving my DR650s 2ch to my truck.

.mag_filter.JPG

Thanks for the link @alexsoll
Adjusting sensitivity will depend on your typical conditions, though I think my brightness is at 3 on main, 2 on the rear?
Not 100%, I would have to double check.
I do think I lowered quality on my main cam too, but mainly since I'm using a smaller sd card.

Where did you get the CPL filter, outta curiosity?

I updated to 1.005 and now my 750 stopped making announcements. What do you all think the issue is?

Have you checked the settings and/or volume?
You can turn on/off most, if not all the announcements.
I think my volume is at 2, which is just barely audible if I have any other sound happening.

Go here. LINK

Here is the filter on amazon If and when you get the adapter kit it has the magnetic ring adhering by peeling the tape and stick. Don't rely on that. I uesed alisons tackglue and its been holding for more than one summer.

Last edited:
You can get the proper CPL from dashcamstore for $35 and additional 5% off if you are new member or make new email. Yours is more expensive and more actions required. BBMC cost more than dashcamstore too.

I know and thanks, I prefer glass and it can get in the way near mirrors. The BV CPL is WAY over priced for what it is but so be it. I am running 3 of the BV CPL's, two on my DR650s2ch and one on the rear of my DR750s2ch, and have a spare front.

Oh by the way guys I'm running 1.006 with no problems. But the 1.20 Viewer has an issue playing rear videos. Select a rear clip from the file list and let me know if it freezes and closes the viewer. It does so on my desk and lap tops and they are pretty sweet machines.

750 running 1.005, viewer 1.18 on two W10 computers, tower and laptop.
When trying to view rear cam footage on my desktop, the viewer crashes and closes. It doesn't crash on my lappy though.
So your crashing is not limited to viewer 1.20, but seems to be related to something else running on the affected computer.
And it's a pain in the butt. But I now have the dubious satisfaction of knowing that I'm not alone out here.

Thanks, I had version 1.13 still on Hand and it works fine. My money says the viewer is buggy.

Can you share it on dropbox or similar please.
Strange that it's OK on my lappy but crashes when trying to display rear on my tower though.

Thanks gapi. I'll give it a whirl tomorrow and report back.

Hi gapi. v1.13 installed and it works just fine on rear cam footage. 1.19 just crashes out about 1 second into any rear cam stuff.. Thanks for the download. I wonder what the problem is with the later versions then?

They seem to be particularly good at screwing up software updates. Do they not test them before release. Obviously not.

Back