Which Fuse is Best for Blackvue B-124X External Battery? Pictures Included.

SpaceBunny

Reaction score
Country
United States
Screenshot (67).pngScreenshot (70).pngFuse-tap-ATO-fuse-FTA-20A.png

1st picture is my car's fuse panel layout. Does it seem like fuse #15 is the best option with 20A? Or which fuse would you recommend instead?
2nd picture is the Blackvue B-124X external battery's specs. I'm using this battery pack to power the BlackVue DR750-2CH LTE.

Also, the fuses are vertical as seen in the first picture, so when I'm plugging in the ACC fuse tap, which direction does the red wire should be, up or down? Thank you in advance. I don't want to mess up my mum's car :)

You need to connect to an ACC fuse which, typically, are radio/climate control/heated seats. However, you really should be using a multimeter or equivalent to ensure you're not plugging into a constant fuse as you won't be getting any voltage cutoff protection.

The orientation of the fuse tap being plugged in doesn't matter.

The orientation of the fuse tap being plugged in doesn't matter.
It most certainly does matter. This is an issue I raised with BBMC support about a year ago. The fuse tap's left leg (opposite side of where the new accessory wire exits the tap) should be the leg that receives power from the fuse box fuse tap. The left leg of the fuse tap directly supplies power to both fuse sockets in the fuse tap. If you insert the fuse tap so that the right leg is the one that gets the power from the fuse box fuse socket, you're placing the load of both devices through the fuse in the lower fuse tap fuse socket.

I have a few videos about fuse taps on my channel, but this one tries to address the power routing directly and how to use the fuse tap itself with a fuse in the top fuse socket to test for proper orientation in the fuse box's fuse socket.

It most certainly does matter. This is an issue I raised with BBMC support about a year ago. The fuse tap's left leg (opposite side of where the new accessory wire exits the tap) should be the leg that receives power from the fuse box fuse tap. The left leg of the fuse tap directly supplies power to both fuse sockets in the fuse tap. If you insert the fuse tap so that the right leg is the one that gets the power from the fuse box fuse socket, you're placing the load of both devices through the fuse in the lower fuse tap fuse socket.

I have a few videos about fuse taps on my channel, but this one tries to address the power routing directly and how to use the fuse tap itself with a fuse in the top fuse socket to test for proper orientation in the fuse box's fuse socket.

Thanks for the correction, you're right!

Even down under where the everything costs 3 times as much, we can buy a au$10 multimeter from a respectable electronic components store throughout Australia.

If you have the budget get a DC clampmeter. I don't know how I survived without one.

But at the very least just get a basic multimeter. It just makes life so much easier.

Back