Which is the best laptop for editing the photos and videos?

geekguy234

Reaction score
Country
India
I am an enthusiast and professional photographer. I want to buy a laptop to edit my photos and videos and playing games in free time. Can anyone suggest the best laptop which I can buy? My budget for the laptop is Rs. 50000.

I have never been much into laptops, but on price performance i hear Huawei make some nice machines.
But i cant give you any specific model to look for.

Generally speaking, it is the program or app that you use on the laptop that counts more than the laptop. For speed of editing, I would go for an i5 or i7 processor on a reputable brand like Toshiba or HP.

Go with a reputable brand that will back their product. For photo and video editing you need a fast processor (the faster the better), lots of memory (the more the better), the best screen (resolution, contrast and color accuracy), and the most disk space (video files are huge) you can afford - pretty much in the order I listed them.

I don't do any gaming but if you're talking about on-line gaming don't overlook internet bandwidth which is function of both your computer and ISP.

Asus model is available within budget but without the SSD.

Look for one with a screen that has decent colour accuracy. Dell make some that have calibrated screens.

Also make sure it has a decent number of USB and Thunderbolt ports. You will need them for extra storage etc.

Thinkpads are really good if you want a general recommendation.

Back