Which loop time makes most sense, strictly for SD card longevity?

Chas0039

Reaction score
Country
United States
Simple question, I hope, if I want the least amount of stress and wear and tear on the SD card (PRO Endurance) do I want lots of short files at 2 minutes or fewer at 10 minutes? Of course, if my ignorance has left out an important consideration, please let me know.

Thanks

I personally prefer 3 minute segments, if anything i would go up to 5 minute.
1 minute segments i think would blow my mind.

IRL it do not matter that much i think, at least for me as i never stitch XX of the files together, and the naming scheme of the segments + in my case the pic that is also snapped with i press the event button make it fairly easy to locate the moment of interest.

Simple question, I hope, if I want the least amount of stress and wear and tear on the SD card (PRO Endurance) do I want lots of short files at 2 minutes or fewer at 10 minutes? Of course, if my ignorance has left out an important consideration, please let me know.

Thanks
The "stress" is done by the quantity on bytes written on card per unit of time, not by the dimension of files. If camera writes with 30Mbps (about 4 MB/s) in 3 minutes will write the same amount of bytes, whether the file is 3 minutes or 3x1 minute. So, difference in wear tends to zero.

Last edited:
Back