Which Micro SD Card are You Using?

Which Micro SD Card are You Using?

• Total voters
Samsung EVO 128GB from Amazon. $19.99 now. Been using this for 3 months and my cam runs 24x7 and have had no problems at all. They got one made for dash cams for about $35 for 128GB but IMO you don't need it.

Plenty of models get a poor reputation due to the amount of fakes in the market
Is there a way to check to see if you got a fake card?

h2testw for Windows or F3 for Mac can identify most fakes, you can reduce the chances of getting a fake by being careful about where you buy from

Avoiding amazon....And buying direct from manufacturer website. Might be a little more but at least you won't get screwed!

I have really good experience with SD card RMA at amazon Germany and UK, even the one card i got that was not fulfilled by Amazon was a pleasure.
( none fake cards, though you would think so as they was all high end extreme U3 cards )

Viofo own MLC
I used 64GB, fast and no issues so I ordered 128GB today
I don't see the Viofo 128GB SD card for sale on the Amazon USA website only the 32 and 64 from Viofo.... wonder why Viofo would refrain from selling the Viofo brand 128gb in the USA??? @viofo

I don't see the Viofo 128GB SD card for sale on the Amazon USA website only the 32 and 64 from Viofo.... wonder why Viofo would refrain from selling the Viofo brand 128gb in the USA??? @viofo

I think the 128GB is new, probably hasn't got to Amazon yet

I think the 128GB is new, probably hasn't got to Amazon yet
thanks, that makes sense. I am currently using the Samsung EVO Select 128 with no problems on the A129 and also my GoPro without any problems. but I wanted to get a couple Viofo brand 128's to have on hand in case I need to make switches

I'm getting ready to order a 256GB Micro SD Card for my new A129. I'm curious to see what most people are using.
thank you for posting this useful thread and poll

I just received this today from Amazon.ca for $23.99. Works without any problems. I formatted it first in camera. Price seemed good. Fulfilled by Amazon.

I bought two Viofo 64 GB cards with my camera from Amazon one is working fine the first one I used is on its way back ,lasted a week!

You wont get screwed if it is shipped and sold by Amazon. Its when you buy from the marketplace sellers that you get ripped off.

You wont get screwed if it is shipped and sold by Amazon. Its when you buy from the marketplace sellers that you get ripped off.

Fakes seem to get mixed in with Amazon's stock. Look at reviews where the product is fulfilled by amazon and you see tons of people yelling I got a fake.

From now on, when I buy a memory card, I'm sticking to manufacturers since so many fakes floating around.

Fakes seem to get mixed in with Amazon's stock. Look at reviews where the product is fulfilled by amazon and you see tons of people yelling I got a fake.

From now on, when I buy a memory card, I'm sticking to manufacturers since so many fakes floating around.
Anyone can sell on the same listing as Amazon and any reviews on products sold by side sellers from that listing get mixed in with the items sold direct by Amazon. Not saying it can’t happen, I’m sure it has, but 99.99% of the time, buying Sold and Shipped by Amazon with get you the real deal.

Anyone can sell on the same listing as Amazon and any reviews on products sold by side sellers from that listing get mixed in with the items sold direct by Amazon. Not saying it can’t happen, I’m sure it has, but 99.99% of the time, buying Sold and Shipped by Amazon with get you the real deal.

Not sure and too leery...https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07FCR3316
Sold by Sandisk and people are claiming fakes... Could be they bought from other sellers, and course this isn't fulfilled by Amazon...Not sure why that'd be since Sandisk is listed as the preferred seller.

For a few bucks savings, not really worth the hassle. Bought direct from manufacturer instead.

I rotate these between my GoPro, Drone and Dashcams. No problems in ~2 years.
IMG_20190517_004814.jpg

Back