Which Micro SD Card are You Using?

Which Micro SD Card are You Using?

• Total voters
This is probably the least expensive option for a high-endurance card, I am running 128GB as well.

My Kingston Canvas Go! 128GB SD card has been working perfectly so far.

I had formatted it initially on my Windows 10 PC, and I had an issue with it not recording reliably initially in the dash cam. So I followed the tips in this forum for using SD Card Formatter, then I followed up by formatting it in the dash cam. Since then it has worked perfectly. Rexing has it on their list of recommended SD cards.

I don't think anyone is saying the Samsung Evo cards will necessarily fail earlier. Only that if they do, Samsung will probably not honor the warranty, because you used it in a dashcam.

Paying a few bucks more for the Pro Endurance cards is cheap insurance. Sure the Evo cards are faster, but U1 write speed is more than adequate for my dashcam systems, so I put Pro cards in them.

Unlikely since Samsung would never know how the card was used unless you told them....

I am using 128GB Samsung EVO Select because a lot of people recommended it here.

So far so good. I watch my dashcam footage almost everyday and didn't see any issues.

I use the 128SamsungEvo Select C10 U3 Card, as well as a SanDisk Pro Endurance C10 U3 V30 card thats meant for dashcams. Theyre more expensive for the amt of storage, but theyre made specificially for the type of beating that dashcams put memory cards through by the type of recording they do. Some people say stay away from SanDisk, but buying from a legit dealer and checking the card once you get it will make sure you dont get a subpar fake card.

also I think using the SanDisk A1 200gb card was causing my issues with the buffered parking mode not writing the events to the card after about 2-4hrs of being parked. So far using the high endurance card has eliminated my PM issue.

FWIW, one of the Samsung Pro Endurance 128 GB cards I bought this year died after very little use. No idea why - guess I just got unlucky. It was one I was using in my Innovv K2 dashcam.

The same type card in my Viofo A129 is still doing fine.

Amazon did me a solid by replacing the defective card for free, even though I was more than 30 days out from purchase.

Mymemory pro 256gb was best value for money at the time I brought it few months ago. Works great, just like Samsung EVO yellow but at the double capacity for the same price. Also lifetime warranty.

I'm using the SanDisk High Endurance 128GB. I purchased 2 and after a few days of regular usage, now both are failing.
FWIW, one of the Samsung Pro Endurance 128 GB cards I bought this year died after very little use. No idea why - guess I just got unlucky. It was one I was using in my Innovv K2 dashcam.

The same type card in my Viofo A129 is still doing fine.

Amazon did me a solid by replacing the defective card for free, even though I was more than 30 days out from purchase.

Did you guys test these cards when you got them to see if they were real? I just bought a Sandisk High Endurance off amazon (third party) but shipped by Amazon.

Also lifetime warranty

Are you sure that lifetime warranty also apply if used in dashcams ?

Many brands / models have small lettering saying something like warranty do not apply if used in CCTV or dashcams.

That said it is only lately i have gotten memory cards that have warrenty for dashcam use, for the pasy many years i have used regular memory cards and that also most often worked fine, i have even gotten some RMA which the dealer should not have done as it was dashcam use.

One can certainly get clever by omitting (or just plain lying about) how one has used the SD card, but I've no time for that. You don't have to remember who you told what if it was the truth.

As for testing SD cards - about all one can do is have a careful look at the packaging, then test the card for speed & capacity to see that it matches what's advertised. It would be nice if one could assume that anything sold on Amazon is not counterfeit, but those days are long gone (if they ever existed). All three of the Samsung Pro Endurances I bought were sold "by Samsung" on Amazon, for whatever that's worth.

Buy a know brand, even if these are the most faked ones.
Buy from a reputable seller, prefreabally in your own country, me as a pawn in EU ville i some times buy in one of the other countries as its pretty much same warranty / buyer protection as in Denmark.

I bought Kingston 64GB high endurance for new Viofo A129 and camera doesn't seem to like it..
It won't go into parking mode

I put it my Sandisk high endurance 32GB from my Xiaomi camera and no problem going into parking mode.. wtf

Before trying the update from 1.5 to 1.9 should the card go in the camera first? Then remove it and do the update found on the Fiofo website.
My son told me having Windows 7 should have nothing to do with trying to update. I am going to try it tonight and if I cannot do it I am sending the card out to my son. Just thought I can pu some tips before I try this again

Before trying the update from 1.5 to 1.9 should the card go in the camera first? Then remove it and do the update found on the Fiofo website.
My son told me having Windows 7 should have nothing to do with trying to update. I am going to try it tonight and if I cannot do it I am sending the card out to my son. Just thought I can pu some tips before I try this again
You can have the card in the computer and download/copy the firmware file to the main folder for that card. then all you have to do is put the card in the camera, and then turn the camera on and it should load the new firmware right away. Youll see the lights blinking, and then itll turn on. What you want to do right after that is put a paperclip into the button on the side that has "R" on it. Hold the button down for 4 seconds to do a hard reset on the settings, I also typically go into the menu after that and do a default settings reset as well. You can then go in and re-select all your settings and should be good to go.

3X of the 128GB Samsung Pro Endurance cards (in different cams), the first going back 3-4 months. No issues whatsoever. It's surprising there isn't more talk about these cards given the price/performance ratio.

I usually buy them directly from manufacturer or other reputable source (Amazon, B&H,...) A big discount is almost always a red flag.

What they said. Next time I buy I'm thinking of ordering from B&H or directly from the Samsung store. Even Amazon has occasionally had trouble with fakes being sent out as real with other items, and I don't need the hassle of taking that chance.

Regardless of the source, as soon as I get it I run it through a test with H2testw software to verify capacity and performance.

Timely question. I'm interested in replacing my existing 128 GB Samsung Pro Endurance cards with 256 GB ones.

I usually buy them directly from manufacturer or other reputable source (Amazon, B&H,...) A big discount is almost always a red flag.

Amazon is loaded with fakes. Buying from the actual manufacturer on Amazon is a much safer prospect, but I am sure in rare circumstances, it's still possible to get a fake. Buying from 3rd parties on amazon is never recommended.

Last edited:
Back