Which Micro SD Card are You Using?

• Total voters

RavenManiac

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo, mini 0806 (RIP)
I'm getting ready to order a 256GB Micro SD Card for my new A129. I'm curious to see what most people are using.

According do data from autowrzuta.pl based on many users experience Samsung EVO + (PLUS, red), GOODRAM (all), Sandisk Ultra (all) cards are not recommended for A129.

Samsung Evo (not plus) up to 128 GB are highly recommended.

Some people are using Samsung Evo 256GB without any issues but there is not enough data to recognize it as recommended card.

Autowrzuta.pl is polish language equivalent of dashcamtalk.

In my two installations I'm using Samsung EVO microSDHC 128GB without any issues. Basing on my experience I can recommend this card. I'm considering upgrading into 256GB card but I'm waiting for more user reports.

Last edited:
According do data from autowrzuta.pl based on many users experience Samsung EVO + (PLUS, red), GOODRAM (all), Sandisk Ultra (all) cards are not recommended for A129.
Is there a reason that they are not recommended? Are they actually causing lots of problems, or is it based on a single person having an issue?

Samsung Evo Plus seems like the most used card with this camera and we are not seeing lots of problems...

Is there a reason that they are not recommended? Are they actually causing lots of problems, or is it based on a single person having an issue?

Those data based on multiple users issues, not single person reports.

Plenty of models get a poor reputation due to the amount of fakes in the market

Reports with doubtful originality of card are not taken into consideration (cards from not reliable sellers).

even reliable sellers get caught with fake cards sometimes

Interesting. But never heard about chain store / big online shop with fake stuff. If you have any date about fake cards in chain stores / big online shops please share it.

Interesting. But never heard about chain store / big online shop with fake stuff. If you have any date about fake cards in chain stores / big online shops please share it.

it has happened before in retail, even Amazon has been caught out with bad cards, what is available in your market I have no idea, I don't dispute the card you say is good, it is good, some of the cards you say are not good though I don't agree with

it has happened before in retail, even Amazon has been caught out with bad cards, what is available in your market I have no idea, I don't dispute the card you say is good, it is good, some of the cards you say are not good though I don't agree with
I guess that is why the Samsung Evo Plus sold by Amazon is painted green and labled "Select" - easier to stop fakes getting into the system. I don't remember any reports of the Select having problems.

I guess that is why the Samsung Evo Plus sold by Amazon is painted green and labled "Select" - easier to stop fakes getting into the system. I don't remember any reports of the Select having problems.

I suspect that may have been part of the reason they got their own version, prior to that happening it wasn't as easy to know what you were going to get

I don't dispute the card you say is good, it is good, some of the cards you say are not good though I don't agree with

I'm not saying that Samsung EVO + (PLUS, red), GOODRAM (all), Sandisk Ultra (all) cards are not good. I'm saying that they are not recommended for A129.

General conclusion at autowrzuta.pl was that Samsung EVO+ (red) cards can have compatibility problems with CPU Novatek NT96650, NT96655, NT96660, NT96663.

I'm not saying that Samsung EVO + (PLUS, red), GOODRAM (all), Sandisk Ultra (all) cards are not good. I'm saying that they are not recommended for A129.
I am currently using a Samsung EVO+ 256GB card, but luckily I am not using it in a A129, but in a Street Guardian SGGCX2PRO+ instead ;)

General conclusion at autowrzuta.pl was that Samsung EVO+ (red) cards can have compatibility problems with CPU Novatek NT96650, NT96655, NT96660, NT96663.
Is this only using modified firmware with high bitrates?

I think some of these cards are a bit slow for the older chipsets that require a guaranteed write speed without buffering, especially Amberella chipsets, and some individual cards are slower than others so can cause issues. I have an EVO that keeps having issues in my Gitup F1, but works fine in the A129, of course it might be a fake EVO, it is not a green Amazon one! A few other people have had issues with Evo in the F1 too, although some of them work fine.

no card is without failures, can and does happen in every brand, some more than others though

I ended up going with a 256GB EVO Select. I've had a lot of success with Samsung data storage products in the past. Thanks Nigel!

I see that there are three people who selected other. Have I missed a popular memory card in my poll?

If so, I'm happy to add it to the poll if somebody can disclose the ones I'm missing.

That is one I seriously considered, especially for the super fast download speeds.

It's a good choice. Much faster than the A1 recommended and I've been using it for a month or 2 without one hiccup. FYI: Buy from Sandisk.com or a Retail store. Lots of fakes floating around on Amazon and other online retailer.

I see that there are three people who selected other. Have I missed a popular memory card in my poll?

If so, I'm happy to add it to the poll if somebody can disclose the ones I'm missing.

I'm using Samsung Evo (not plus) 128 GB.

Back