Which Micro SD Card are You Using?

Which Micro SD Card are You Using?

• Total voters
I'm using the 128gb Evo plus, so far no issues but it's only been 1 week since I installed the camera so I have no idea how reliable it is.

Kingston Endurance 128GB from amazon.co.uk. I'm hoping it's new enough that the fraudsters haven't yet had a chance to make clones of the product line.

Sandisk A2 Extreme have dropped in price where a 400GB is $80 or 90 USD.... 256 is 60 USD. Not a single hiccup using those in 2 cameras.

Samsung EVO Plus 256GB. No problem, no corrupt files. Works as intended

64 GB Viofo card that came with the unit. The card can hold approx 2 hours of video, which is enough for me. Personally, I think it's better not to have too much evidence of my own mistakes on the card :)

I use the Samsung High Endurance 128gb one. They are meant for dashcam use and usually go on sale

Samsung Pro Endurance 128 GB. I bought two actually, so that I can rotate them to more conveniently back up footage if needed.

I'm using a Kingston Canvas Go! 128GB

I'm using the SanDisk High Endurance 128GB. I purchased 2 and after a few days of regular usage, now both are failing.

Last edited:
Whoa, glad I read that, was thinking of going with the SanDisk HE for my next dashcam (likely an Innovv K2).

Samsung Evo Plus 128 GB.
In use since October 2018 - no issues so far, and it worked almost all the time, parking mode with low bitrate recording!

I've been using a Samsung Evo Plus 128gb UHS-I U3 for about 2 years now without any problems. 1.5 years in a DOD RC500S (until the dash cam died) and now in a A129 since I bought it in June this year. I've also been using the high bitrate mods from BCHobbyist with the card giving no errors at all. From my experience I highly recommend them even though they are not recommended for dash cams. But don't use them in a Thinkware...they will give memory card errors. I've been using the Sandisk Ultra A1 UHS-I U1 cards without any issues in those.

Viofo Australia are recommending and selling the Samsung Pro Endurance and Sandisk High Endurance cards up to 128gb on their website. If Viofo themselves are recommending these cards then they must work in all Viofo dash cams. What I found interesting is that they aren't selling any Viofo branded sd cards though

WD purple 256gb. One of the few 256gb "high endurance" cards available.

I don't think anyone is saying the Samsung Evo cards will necessarily fail earlier. Only that if they do, Samsung will probably not honor the warranty, because you used it in a dashcam.

Paying a few bucks more for the Pro Endurance cards is cheap insurance. Sure the Evo cards are faster, but U1 write speed is more than adequate for my dashcam systems, so I put Pro cards in them.

Back