Which Model for my specific requirement

SWoMP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Newbie here so please be kind...

I am trying a new integration of dashcam with a new car. My car is a VW Up! without SatNav but it does have a smartphone holder that allows some smartphone VW apps to integrate with the car. My phone is the Galaxy S8 Android. The car does not have parking sensors or reversing camera and rather than buy any of those as add-ons I am thinking I could integrate a front and rear dashcam system to do a similar job (I realise camera positioning may be a challenge!).

After some research I think that I could chose the DR750S-2ch or the DR900S-2ch to do the job, using the Blackvue App on my smartphone to give me "live" front or rear pictures via a WiFi connection to the BV system (I'm not bothered about Cloud storage).

Has anyone else tried anything similar?

Thanks in advance.

Technically it could be done. You can direct-connect from your phone to your camera without dealing with the Cloud stuff, and the app will allow a live view. Alternatively you could set up a direct link in your browser to point to the camera's IP and skip that app. And there was another app mentioned in these forums somewhere that was more specifically for remote viewing.

The annoyance would be that unless you leave your phone connected to the camera WiFi all the time while driving, and the app running all the time, there would be a significant delay before you'd see the picture. So you'd decide you want to back up and spend a minute or two "fiddling" until you got the camera up, which may annoy other drivers waiting for you. My bet is that irritation would wear thin rather quickly.

Thanks for the reply bpsmicro. I actually don't think there will be a problem as I will just keep the app running all the time on the phone (it will be getting charged via USB from the car). I'm just a bit concerned that the car connections (USB, Bluetooth and Wifi) might not all work at the same time :cool:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H BlackVue Other 5
Back