Which one - A119 / Gitup / Yi

Which would you choose?

• Total voters

andrewukr6

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, long time action camera user new to dashcams. Been researching since last night but there is so much variation! I'm not overly bothered about advanced functions, I want it to work well, install neatly and be good value.

So I've looked at the following:

Yi 2.7k Ultra - Can get this new for £60 which seems a bargain.

Yi - £36. Super, super cheap, not sure what it's lacking compared to the ultra, apart form the fact I don't like silver in my windshield and max 1080p.

A119V2 - £80. Seems very popular. Ugly design but probably fit's in really neatly. Is it worth £20 over the yi ultra?

Gitup 1 / 2 - £120. Well known more budget action camera, always heard good things. Actually more expensive that I would expect to be honest but I'm sure it would work. Mounting not ideal I would guess. It is the most expensive in this list (banggood I'd rather avoid due to customs charges).

So there's a list, I've watchd videos, they all seem to do the job, they all have negatives and they all seem to be in the same rough league in image quality. What do you think?

I'm not overly bothered about advanced functions, I want it to work well, install neatly and be good value.

If you're looking at the mentioned models specifically for use as a car camera, out of the ones listed I'd suggest the A119.

Don't know whether stealth is a priority or not, with wedge shaped cameras most of the camera body stays hidden behind the black dotted area on the windshield, just the lens peeking through the clear glass below. Also looks a lot neater than a point & shoot shaped camera hanging down from a mount.

I'd recommend the A119 too. If you are not in a hurry keep an eye when there are promotional sales.
Got mine last september (A119V2+gps) for 50.99 USD, and I've seen last spring similar promotions.

where abouts did you see this sale?

Thanks for tips guys, I'll get the A119 I'm sure it will sit a bit neater which is important on my new flashy car :)

Back