Which one for long distance travel?

As for the editing, is there a separate program? Can you recommend one?

I used Dashcam Viewer with great results with my old A119 to join the video segments.
https://dashcamviewer.com/

If you want more advanced editing you can go for Adobe Premiere or Sony Vegas Pro. They are among the best but not very cheap.

I got the camera, from Germany, so it took a while. First question, which resolution should I pick for the best picture quality? Concerns vis-a-vis storage don't play a role. The option are 2560x1440, 2304x1296, 1920x1080, and 1280x720, all 30 fps (does that refer to frames per second?).

Then there is also 1920x1080 with 60 fps. Dunno much, but the last one sound better, as it has twice the fps, so I assume the video will be more "fluent". Is that correct?

Yet what about the 2560x1440, does that mean that it has the best picture quality, i.e. details are much better shown in this resolution?

Thanks.

I used the camera, and the quality is beyond what I expected. It very good.

But, I'm recording reflections of the dashboard on the windscreen, too. I don't have the lens, but don't think that it would help, since it there for reducing glare, right?

Is there a trick to fix the problem? I didn't use the suction cup and instead used the glue-thingy, which brings the camera closer to the windscreen. Might that be the issue? Or might positioning it lower help? I don't want to waster the other glue thing.

Thanks again.

But, I'm recording reflections of the dashboard on the windscreen, too. I don't have the lens, but don't think that it would help, since it there for reducing glare, right?
The main purpose of the CPL filter (lens) is to remove the reflections. It will help.

For best quality use 2560x1440 resolution. If you are making a movie then you may want to crop to the centre 1920x1080 which will provide some zoom and remove the edges which normally have more reflections and are generally worse quality.

Back