which one of A119s v2 or A119 v2 for the same price?

bumbum007

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm new to dashcam. Here in Vancouver, we get alot of overcast skys and rain. I assume A119s v2, with better Sony night sensor, will be better fit for darker
scenes. My driving is 70% day/30% night. How is the reliability between the two? A119 v2 has been around longer and more tested, is this something I should consider?

Also, with the non-GPS mount, can you take the camera off easily as with GPS mount? I don't need GPS feature but will get it if it make it easier to take camera
off or better moveability for CFL. For cleaner install, go with hardwire kit w/ fuse? I don't need parking mode. Connect to fuse slot with auto power off when ignition is off?
Set parking mode off at the camera. This will not drain battery?

With the right modified firmware, the A119 and A119Pro get close to the A119S at night, but the "S" is still better then. The rest of the time the others win hands down. You really can't go wrong with any of these.

Phil

I've not really followed the 'S' closely, but haven't they had more problems with it?
The V2 has been reliable.

Yes, it has more issues than the others, but not everyone has has problems- just more than usual. I'd say it's OK overall as long as you watch it's behavior closely (which we should do with any cam). Like 'high performance' women it demands some of your attention if you want to get anything from it :ROFLMAO:

Phil

Yes, it has more issues than the others, but not everyone has has problems- just more than usual. I'd say it's OK overall as long as you watch it's behavior closely (which we should do with any cam). Like 'high performance' women it demands some of your attention if you want to get anything from it :ROFLMAO:

Phil

Ok, I'll go with A119v2 and I'll be lubing it from time to time.:p

For the install, will the hard wire kit w/fuse be enough to save battery from draining? I will be disabling the parking mode. I'm going hardwire just for cleaner install.
Would you recommend a GPS mount if I'm putting a CFL filter on it just for better clearance?

For the install, will the hard wire kit w/fuse be enough to save battery from draining? I will be disabling the parking mode. I'm going hardwire just for cleaner install.
Would you recommend a GPS mount if I'm putting a CFL filter on it just for better clearance?
read the forum. you can find all possible solutions including some extravagant.
smile3.gif

I think GPS essential, the top reason being it automatically keeps the date/time updated provided you have set the Time Zone (hours offset from GMT) properly, a very nice to have convenience. With GPS updates, you may never have to manually set the date/time again if and when the date/time defaults, as it does when installing firmware updates.

If you choose not to go the GPS route, there is another included mount in the box that is slightly wedge shaped this mount is for use with the cpl filter so there is no clearance issues. But as others have stated, I would also highly recommend using the GPS function!

With my screen even the wedge shaped mount was a squeeze, the is GPS the best option for shallow angled screens. The power cable is also a vertical entry on the GPS easier for cable hiding, where as without a GPS it a side entry. Personally there are more pluses for a GPS than minuses.

Back