Which one to choose...

Bummers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

This forum really is awesome for information, I've been reading it for hours now trying to work out what to buy.

So, for my needs I think around the $100 mark would be fine. GPS isn't needed, the usual stuff everyone wants is - good day/night vision, nice smooth sharp picture and reliablity.

I've seen the GT680w on ebay:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131029664198for $77.99

Is this the same that foxoffer sell?:

Is there anything else I should consider that I'm overlooking which would be better than the 680 for somewhere around the same budget? (budget is flexible if there is something outstanding for a bit more).

Thanks!

not sure if the ones listed on eBay are the same spec as what Foxoffer list, I think you'll find the feedback posted on this model would be based on the Foxoffer version, there are some other similar spec models that Foxoffer sell that are also worth a look, mostly because they're a bit more discreet, only negative I think about the 680 is the silver paint and logos etc that make it a bit obvious

I think it is not a copy, shadow told me this version is only for China market, can not support GPS logger, and can not support multiple language.
Foxoffer only make low profit for car dash camera, if we got better price, we will low the retail price.

Can we flash that to support English? The price is really attractive.

EDIT: Nevermind. I saw in the picture that support English and Chinese firmware ver: 2.4.

Can we flash that to support English? The price is really attractive.

they're generally setup not to support this, the local market version is usually lower spec hardware as well, cheaper lens, no connector for the GPS etc, they're cheaper for a reason

Thanks for the quick reply. I was about to click buy it now.
Are you sure they have cheaper lens? I wouldn't care much about GPS.

domestic market product is generally with 4G lens (3Glass + 1 Plastic), the expectation is a lot lower than for export product

So this would be on par with vf300w, ls650w then. I appreciate your help. Thanks.

better off with the export version, I know what it costs ex factory, they couldn't do it at $78, could only be a domestic version model for that price

Thanks for the replies! I'm liking the look of the all black 680, seems i dodged a bullet with that ebay one - this forum comes up good again :D

Any idea how long before the black version is available?

Thanks for the replies! I'm liking the look of the all black 680, seems i dodged a bullet with that ebay one - this forum comes up good again :D

Any idea how long before the black version is available?

about 3 weeks.

Back