Which one to Purchase my 1st cam I viofo a129 pro duo or 70mai a800s

poxipox

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
i plan to buy either VIOFO A129 PRO DUO 4K or 70Mai a800s. which one should i buy for my 1st dashcam?
i've read thread about them in dashcamtalk, but still confuse about these two, which one is better.
i've read about a800s custom firmware, will it make the product better idk, never seen the sample footage.
i live in Indonesia, for most part its quite hot, 33-36C during the day. some day even more, and i read viofo have heat problems too.

i need help for your input guys, what is the best buy for me. price,performace,durability.
thanks in advance. *and sorry for my english.

I have no experience with either of the 2 models, but i would go for the viofo if it was me, the 70mai cameras seem a bit messy to me, with you needing special language firmware's, and i also think in general they are lacking or slower on the support side with updates.
Heat problems only arise if you try to do parking guard while parked in the sun, but this apply to all brands of dashcams, the only better thing to do in this regard i think would be to use a remote system, CUZ here you can put the main unit out of direct sunlight, so i assume it would last longer even if a car cabin do get blast furnace hot when parked in the sun.

But as for just being parked in the sun, and the camera then starting and working if you go for a ride, that should not be a problem for most cameras, and even if your car do not have AC like my cheap little car dont have.
The main thing is to be sure the dashcam have capacitors for build in emergency power source.

4K cameras are more challenged if you plan to use parking guard, as the larger pixel count sensors do generate more heat than a smaller pixel count sensor.
Lately i have been given 1440p cameras to test, and i quite like those over the 1080p that have been the norm for so long, but i havent really been able to test for longer durations or in really hot weather as summer last year and this one too seem to laugh at little Denmark and go around us, so far we havent had a single day of 30 deg C temperatures, and normally we get 2-3-4-5 of those in a good summer, hell we have barely seen 25 degree C which is considered a summer day here.

i plan to buy either VIOFO A129 PRO DUO 4K or 70Mai a800s. which one should i buy for my 1st dashcam?
Given your temperatures, I would suggest going for a 2K camera such as the Viofo A229. It gives an excellent image quality, just missing the 4K, although it does have 2K at the rear instead of only FHD resolution.

4K cameras are more challenged if you plan to use parking guard, as the larger pixel count sensors do generate more heat than a smaller pixel count sensor.
Lately i have been given 1440p cameras to test, and i quite like those over the 1080p that have been the norm for so long, but i havent really been able to test for longer durations or in really hot weather as summer last year and this one too seem to laugh at little Denmark and go around us, so far we havent had a single day of 30 deg C temperatures, and normally we get 2-3-4-5 of those in a good summer, hell we have barely seen 25 degree C which is considered a summer day here.
yeah thats what i worry about too. but i think i will not use parking mode too often. i rarely park on the street here, but still its good to have feature to have, just in case.

Given your temperatures, I would suggest going for a 2K camera such as the Viofo A229. It gives an excellent image quality, just missing the 4K, although it does have 2K at the rear instead of only FHD resolution.
weird..., no one sells Viofo A229 in my country. i must get it from aliexpress and i don't want to do that.

It is always a good thing to shop local, i do that often even if it cost me a little extra, but say building a new computer, that is a lot of expensive parts that need to work right together, so having a fast turnaround on faulty parts is a must.
The A229 are the latest from viofo, and it have barely hit the market, so probably take a little while before any of your local sellers will have it in store.

It is always a good thing to shop local, i do that often even if it cost me a little extra, but say building a new computer, that is a lot of expensive parts that need to work right together, so having a fast turnaround on faulty parts is a must.
The A229 are the latest from viofo, and it have barely hit the market, so probably take a little while before any of your local sellers will have it in store.
So, out of all the pluses and minuses, I'd rather stick with viofo brand right?

Back