Which one?

Bluenose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 622GW
After spending loads of time going through millions of posts on this forum, my head hurts like hell!

The Panorama unit seems a good choice but I have got a little confused by what I have been reading, I have seen references to the S, the G and the 2.

Do these units have subtle differences and if so, would someone be kind enought to elaborate for me please.

Also, I really would like a unit that can be easily slid out of its carrier and removed from the car if I decide not to bother with the 'parking mode' do most of the dashcams come with a choice of fixings, i.e. suction, adhesive or bracket?

Thanks again in advance of any help.

G has built in GPS, the others are external, they're otherwise quite similar, g has some extra functionality in the firmware that the others don't have also

The G is the way to go, the T-Bracket is nice and easy to slide in and out should you choose to take it down.

I would get the new pan/tilt swivel mount it's extra short.

Also, there is a new EU seller @niko that you can buy from locally that is just getting started over there.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-series-uk-irl-europe-union-distributor.8754/

I'm pretty sure he will have the same special mount we sell soon.

0oxDPbB.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the help so far. Is the G the top of the Panorama range? Have I mistakenly thought that the 2 is latest in the range?

I don't mind paying for the best one in the range.

Panorama X2 is the new dual channel model.
Panorama G is the best single channel model.
There is an X1 in the works.
I think that I am sold on the Panorama but am thinking that if I go for the X2 I will have to run a cable from the rear camera to the front one for it to operate, this will entail quite a bit of work getting the cable routed correctly.
If I go for two G models I could put one of them on the rear screen as I am almost certain that there is a 12volt outlet in the boot of the car I am getting. I could then simply place the front camera on the dashboard and remove it when I leave the car. Alternatively if hard wiring is always regarded as being the best option I could always opt to get two 'T' brackets mentioned in an earlier post.

I think that I am sold on the Panorama but am thinking that if I go for the X2 I will have to run a cable from the rear camera to the front one for it to operate, this will entail quite a bit of work getting the cable routed correctly.
If I go for two G models I could put one of them on the rear screen as I am almost certain that there is a 12volt outlet in the boot of the car I am getting. I could then simply place the front camera on the dashboard and remove it when I leave the car. Alternatively if hard wiring is always regarded as being the best option I could always opt to get two 'T' brackets mentioned in an earlier post.

Which car make / model /year do you drive ? I might give you an advice in regards of installation, wires / cables routing etc.

Pier 28 has mentioned an X1 in his post above, will this supersede the X2, seems strange if it does, I tend to think along the lines of 1 first, followed by 2 and so on.

Nico, I think that you can see where I'm going with my plans, do you stock the items being discussed?
Many thanks

Pier 28 has mentioned an X1 in his post above, will this supersede the X2, seems strange if it does, I tend to think along the lines of 1 first, followed by 2 and so on.

Nico, I think that you can see where I'm going with my plans, do you stock the items being discussed?
Many thanks

Yes, I do have in stock X2, Panorama G, SG7LA50G. Also have few dozens of other well known dashcams which I was usingfor testings.
Your concern is about routing cables, thats where is your choice is sucked, right ? I have been installing car audio-video systems for many years, now few years do dashcams install, so maybe I have an experience with your car make / model and can give you some advice in which dashcam favour to go for.

Last edited:
Niko, there is a very good chance that the dealer from whom I am buying my car will do the hardwire work for me, and so I will only arrange for this to be done if I can get the 'T' brackets mentioned earlier, I can then choose to either remove the cameras whenever I wish or, leave them in the car and use the parking mode. Do you have the brackets in stock?
If I choose to go the two single cameras route, by utilising the power supply in the boot for the rear camera, do you recommend me getting two 'G' type or do you have another suggestion?
Can you provide some costings for my required setup please. Do we do this via the forum or via email?
Thanks for your help.

Niko, there is a very good chance that the dealer from whom I am buying my car will do the hardwire work for me, and so I will only arrange for this to be done if I can get the 'T' brackets mentioned earlier, I can then choose to either remove the cameras whenever I wish or, leave them in the car and use the parking mode. Do you have the brackets in stock?
If I choose to go the two single cameras route, by utilising the power supply in the boot for the rear camera, do you recommend me getting two 'G' type or do you have another suggestion?
Can you provide some costings for my required setup please. Do we do this via the forum or via email?
Thanks for your help.

PM sent. Please check.

Back