Which will you choose?Nallow/Medium/Wide Angle Visual Dash Cam? ROGA GAIN

These types of mirrors are illegal in most countries so you will find it more difficult to sell on a wholesale level
Ah, much appreciate for your useful information

Also, countries as UK, Au, Jp and few other have traffic and cars made for the different side of the road, making them impossible to fit.

Also, countries as UK, Au, Jp and few other have traffic and cars made for the different side of the road, making them impossible to fit.

a lot of the designs don't really lend themselves to the right hand drive market but it hasn't really come up as an issue as they're some of the countries where they're not legal anyway

Saying all that, I've visited friend in "old continent", who's been using mirror type one and don't think had an issue with the law. He absolutely liked it, as its been way bigger than original mirror...

Saying all that, I've visited friend in "old continent", who's been using mirror type one and don't think had an issue with the law. He absolutely liked it, as its been way bigger than original mirror...

plenty of people use them, in Australia you could buy it online from China and put it on your car and maybe nobody would notice, maybe nothing would ever happen, as an importer if I bring that same product to Australia and I sell it I'm liable, our public liability insurance won't cover us as the item is not compliant with the law, just something that's not worth the risk, this is one of the reasons why they don't get much wholesale business for this type of product to western countries, most fall under the same sort of system as far as legality goes

///////////////////////////////

Last edited:
mobile phone manufacturers have been making cameras for their phones with a lens no bigger than 6 or 7mm diameter with 12 megapixel photos and some with even 4K video capture (iPhone 6)

now if phone manufacturers can get the lens down in size to something like this

do we really need a lens getting on for half the diameter of a can of coke?

my idea would be to have a small central unit say not much bigger than a packet of cigarettes that contains the brains, then to this one could connect up to say 4 wires containing the feeds from the 4 lenses that would be not much bigger than the ones on an iPhone (or Samsung) mobile phone,

have a bit bigger housing for the circuitry so you have a lend in a 10mm - 20mm housing with the needed circuit board, so if one wished to have just a front camera then he/she would only buy one lens, on the other hand if the person wanted both front and back the would buy two, or if they wanted one lens for each side of the car then they could buy 4 lenses

even though the mini range of DVR’s are small, they are larger then need be. if all the processing power was in a central unit and the only thing poking out the windscreen was the taking lens and the small the circuit board controlling the lens, then I think we moving forward in designing specifically a DVR

for now most designs look like they are a digital camera that has been stuck on the windscreen, I’m sure in a few years time will be looking at the DVR’s we have now and it will be the same as comparing a top of the rang Nokia phone from 2002 to a smart phone we have today

the problem I see is, as the market might not big enough yet, the risk in designing from scratch is too great, some manufacture come in to this market but don’t innovate they just copy a design that was first used around 100 years ago, but those camera looked like they did as they had to accommodate a 35mm film going through it, these DVR’s can be any shape

I’m sure if the big car makers get on to this bandwagon, with their buying power they would / could incorporate these DVR’s just like radio speakers in cars today, they could ad one on each side of the car near the A pillar, one on or very near to the rearview mirror and one on the rear windscreen, we already see top range cars with a 6 or even 8 speaker ICE system so won’t take much to incorporate DVR’s in to their cars

lets move away from big 35mm look a likes

for anyone wanting to know about 35mm cameras would be good to google up Oskar Barnack the man who designed the 35mm camera as we know of, and Ernst Leitz, the company he worked for who built these 35mm cameras that became known a Leica,

as ever, all in my own opinion :)

they could certainly be very discrete if it was OEM and built into the car, we're a while off that being a reality though I think but that day may come

as to current designs, it's a gradual evolution to what works in the market, some move faster than others, some don't seem to even care and if what they have sells that's what they keep doing

designing from scratch is a lot more complex than it may seem, what works and what doesn't, what's acceptable, what's not, there's no real formula for this

there's a saying I like when it comes to products, "nobody knows what the next big thing is, but everyone can recognise it when they see it"

for sure its a big risk to start from scratch, even if we used the parts we have now. like say using the lens off a mini 0805 and have just the lens (with its circuit board) on the windscreen, and the brains in a neat box in the glove compartment, that could take more than just one lens, that would be a start, without having to start right from the beginning

for me, the three things a DVR needs are: reliability, image capturing quality and discreetness, all 3 hand in hand, and not just lots of added features that makes it sound it can do everything even the washing up

for sure its a big risk to start from scratch, even if we used the parts we have now. like say using the lens off a mini 0805 and have just the lens (with its circuit board) on the windscreen, and the brains in a neat box in the glove compartment, that could take more than just one lens, that would be a start, without having to start right from the beginning

for me, the three things a DVR needs are: reliability, image capturing quality and discreetness, all 3 hand in hand, and not just lots of added features that makes it sound it can do everything even the washing up
Dear @mollydog, thanks a lot to you sharing, real useful!
BTW, how about the DVR with ADAS?
LX55-1.jpg

In my mind that Mirror GPS + DVR are hot-selling in China only, it is unthinkable to sell Mirror GPS + DVR in abroad market.

However, I have to change my opinion, thanks to our ROGA LX55!
ROGA LX55 use Android 4.4.2 OS! And, its main functions including - (OFFLINE) GPS Navigation + 1080P Front Car Camera Recorder + AVIN Back Camera + FM Transmitter + WIFI Network + Google Play Store!
NOW! In Vietnam, In Thailand, In Australia and In Russia! ROGA LX55 are getting more and more great positive feedback from our users!

LX55-22.jpg LX55-06.jpg LX55-07.jpg

Attachments

• LX55-010.jpg
    LX55-010.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 1
I've been using Hyundai H100 mirror dashcam almost all the time since I got it because its video quality is excellent, starts in few seconds and very discrete.
The issue with Android based model like LX55 is that it takes almost half minute just to start.
In that time, I drive few blocks already so it will not be my only dashcam as I don't sit around that long after I start the car.
@rogaworld, correct me if I'm wrong about start time.
I have an Android based gps navigation dashcam and it's pretty good but only used it for testing due to that startup delay.
Also does it record video when using navigation?

I do like these mirrors, but the problem here is your car got to have a rear view mirror, even though you are not supposed to use it as the law state you have to look over your shoulders before you make a overtaking or turn and so on.

So with NAV running on it its no longer a mirror but a screen, and though screens is okay as long as its not TV or movie on it, then its no longer a mirror and we must have that.
And i think even if parts of the mirror surface is still acting like mirror when the NAV or camera screen is on that's not good enough here.

I have been thinking about putting a screen on the passenger sunshade, that way i can flip it down and turn it a little towards me in the driver seat to better see it.

On the other hand as my tablet fit so good in the compartment on top of my dashbord that's good too, only minus is in sunny weather the screen on the cheap Asus tablet is hard to read.

Also i have a double DIN radio that used to have NAV too, but as its a cheapo its screen is hard to read too in high sunshine.
Besides the GPS antenna broke and so did the touch screen so now it only work with the stupid little remote and the few buttons on the front.

I've been using Hyundai H100 mirror dashcam almost all the time since I got it because its video quality is excellent, starts in few seconds and very discrete.
The issue with Android based model like LX55 is that it takes almost half minute just to start.
In that time, I drive few blocks already so it will not be my only dashcam as I don't sit around that long after I start the car.
@rogaworld, correct me if I'm wrong about start time.
I have an Android based gps navigation dashcam and it's pretty good but only used it for testing due to that startup delay.
Also does it record video when using navigation?
Dear @Sunny, thanks for your comments.
And, I have a favorable news to share with you that our company have a workable solution to solved the long time startup.
ROGA LX55 support to connect to Car BAT by ACC Line(NOTE: Our ACC Line with the low voltage protection function, when detect the low voltage , it will cut off the power supply from Car BAT to the device).

Upon we connect ROGA LX55 to the Car Battery, it can be keeping charging even if stall the car. In addition, ROGA LX55 with sleep model, once you start the car, it can be startup promptly!

I do like these mirrors, but the problem here is your car got to have a rear view mirror, even though you are not supposed to use it as the law state you have to look over your shoulders before you make a overtaking or turn and so on.

So with NAV running on it its no longer a mirror but a screen, and though screens is okay as long as its not TV or movie on it, then its no longer a mirror and we must have that.
And i think even if parts of the mirror surface is still acting like mirror when the NAV or camera screen is on that's not good enough here.

I have been thinking about putting a screen on the passenger sunshade, that way i can flip it down and turn it a little towards me in the driver seat to better see it.

On the other hand as my tablet fit so good in the compartment on top of my dashbord that's good too, only minus is in sunny weather the screen on the cheap Asus tablet is hard to read.

Also i have a double DIN radio that used to have NAV too, but as its a cheapo its screen is hard to read too in high sunshine.
Besides the GPS antenna broke and so did the touch screen so now it only work with the stupid little remote and the few buttons on the front.

Dear @kamkar1, we fully consider that the main function of Rearview Mirror is view the back...
Therefore, ROGA LX55 support to close the display screen
Also, ROGA LX55 have a very great selling point which support the Parking Assist! When you back the car, it can display the back image automatically, especially, it is the 7inch display, which can help you to view the back very clearly!
LX55-12.jpg

Back