Which will you choose?Nallow/Medium/Wide Angle Visual Dash Cam? ROGA GAIN

rogaworld

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
Firstscene Dash Cam
As a Dash Cam Disussion Forum, I sincerely think it is necessary to make a fully discuss about the Nallow/Medium/Wide Visual Angle Dash Cam, as it is real important for all users.

Hereunder, you will see three photos which took by Nallow/Medium/Wide Visual Angle, any different? Which do you prefer? Thanks to @M---
VISUAL ANGLES.jpg

No need to chose..

A Mobius A and Mobius C on top of each other gives both and is still smaller and cheaper than other single cameras :D:D:D:D:D
Thanks, and expect to see how it work if anyone did it. :)

Here is the visual angle we made before, found difference?
VISUAL ANGLES-01.jpg

the angles shown are horizontal but that's not representative of what's actually achieved
Correct! However, I found that most sellers use this image to spread their 170degree visual cam... That's real mislead the users. So, now, we delete it, and do want to show the real different between Nallow, Medium and Wide Lens

problem is most just quote the maximum diagonal spec of the lens rather than what the lens and sensor actually does, eg the lens we use on our SG9665GC is spec'd by the manufacturer at max FOV of 156° however the actual results when used with the Sony Exmor IMX322 sensor we use is 112° Horizontal and that's exactly what we list it as, I guarantee you if any China seller used the same lens they would just promote it as having a 156° lens

problem is most just quote the maximum diagonal spec of the lens rather than what the lens and sensor actually does, eg the lens we use on our SG9665GC is spec'd by the manufacturer at max FOV of 156° however the actual results when used with the Sony Exmor IMX322 sensor we use is 112° Horizontal and that's exactly what we list it as, I guarantee you if any China seller used the same lens they would just promote it as having a 156° lens
One of the reasons why Street Guardian is a preferred camera.

One of the reasons why Street Guardian is a preferred camera.

we still have things go wrong and problems like anyone else but you're never off to a good start if you're not at least up front and honest about the product and tell it how it is, I'm sure that gets a lot of people offside straight away when things don't match expectation

we still have things go wrong and problems like anyone else but you're never off to a good start if you're not at least up front and honest about the product and tell it how it is, I'm sure that gets a lot of people offside straight away when things don't match expectation
A business model others would do well to emulate. I always assume I am not going to find the perfect product. What makes the difference is the integrity of the people involved in the process.

A business model others would do well to emulate. I always assume I am not going to find the perfect product. What makes the difference is the integrity of the people involved in the process.

for sure we don't have the perfect product either but we're always working to improve what we do, sometimes we get let down and things go wrong but you just have to learn from it and work out how to do it better and make sure things are sorted for the customer with the least amount of fuss

Yep..

customer positive "perception" is king.

I know a local tiler who charges twice as much as everyone else and has a long waiting list...

very clever man.. he always leaves a "fault" at the end of the job which he points out (such as a tile "missing" that will never be seen behind some cupboard and says he cant live with that on one of his jobs and promptly fits one)

The customer is left with a positive last memory of him going above and beyond the call of duty and the customer never has cause to say anything bad about him..

He is just an average tiler !!!! probably worse.

perception is the key !

I made up a phrase in a topic yesterday >link here< referring to field of view not by the angle claimed by the manufacturer (which often isn't true) but width of the field of view relative to other cams, which I called rFOV.

The interesting thing about angles is that it's not a linear relationship. A diagonal ~160 degrees translates to a horizontal angle of 140'. But 140' isn't giving an image 1.4x the width of a horizontal angle of 100' - it's actually approximately 2x the width of view.
Similarly, 130' horizontal is 1.25x the width of 120' horizontal.
140' horizontal is 1.3x the width of 130' horizontal.

Anyway......back on topic:
For a single front cam I would choose medium angle (~130' diagonal, rFOV = 8) although angle isn't the only factor when choosing a dashcam.
That 130' diagonal gives a more realistic perception of speed and distance to a random watcher of the video.
Too wide angle or too narrow angle and the camera creates an optical illusion that you were either taking too long to stop or you were following the vehicle in front too closely.

For a rear cam I would choose medium or wide angle because details are easier to capture on cars approaching from behind due to their relatively slower approach speed. Wide angle creating a bit of an optical illusion regarding stopping distances is not a problem when it's rear-facing because it's not your stopping distance being called into question.

Given the luxury of having two front cams (which I advocate on ground of the numerous potential reliability issues) then it is possible to have both a wide and a narrow angle cam to give the best of both: one has a wider field of view and the other has a zoomed-in image.

No need to chose..

A Mobius A and Mobius C on top of each other gives both and is still smaller and cheaper than other single cameras :D:D:D:D:D
Hahaha, now that you found it, you won't shut up about it!

Since you got dozens of them, when can we see the results of the experiment? ;):D

Yep..

customer positive "perception" is king.

I know a local tiler who charges twice as much as everyone else and has a long waiting list...

very clever man.. he always leaves a "fault" at the end of the job which he points out (such as a tile "missing" that will never be seen behind some cupboard and says he cant live with that on one of his jobs and promptly fits one)

The customer is left with a positive last memory of him going above and beyond the call of duty and the customer never has cause to say anything bad about him..

He is just an average tiler !!!! probably worse.

perception is the key !
Clever business man, However, frankly speaking, it will be terrible "fault" when we produce Dash Cam like it, for us, we are keeping developing the most advanced devices, but, we only bulk manufacture the ROGA Dash Cam with very stable performance

Back