White dots in the night video (GT680W V2.7G)

Saar21

Reaction score
Country
Israel
I noticed that in the night video there's alot of white dots in the video.
sample video:
Whatch on 1080P, someone have this problem with his camera?

uuum, judging from the video, its not the cam itself but more to do with reflection and your windshield. Either moisture on the inside or outside, or dirty shield. If worried, get someone to hold it outside as you drive at night. Then check it out. Narrow down the issue and eliminate all other contributing factors.

Regards

uuum, judging from the video, its not the cam itself but more to do with reflection and your windshield. Either moisture on the inside or outside, or dirty shield. If worried, get someone to hold it outside as you drive at night. Then check it out. Narrow down the issue and eliminate all other contributing factors.

Regards
I had alot of cameras befor the GT680W and i neverd had this problem.
I will mention that I have two GT680W in two diffrent cars and both have the same problem.
So im pretty sure that there is no connection to dirt on the windshield or reflections.

Might be something to do with the CCD.

Seems like an issue where the higher ISO/gain saturates certain pixels.

Might be something to do with the CCD.

Seems like an issue where the higher ISO/gain saturates certain pixels.
I do not really understand what you mean.
This is a problem in the camera itself or it can be soelv by diffrent menu settings?
This is how my night video need to look:

I noticed that in the night video there's alot of white dots in the video.
sample video:
Whatch on 1080P, someone have this problem with his camera?
hello, maybe you buy it in the early or buy from our other retailer, the firmware is the old V2.7. back to my email, i send the newest V2.6G for you.
all the best
nancylee

I just let you know how to test, is it hardware problem or firmware issue.
First, start the recording any place(day or night).
Second, after 20 minute recording, cover the lens by hand.
Third, after recoding some movie take out memory.
Fourth, see at the dark movie which has no light recorded.

If even it is covered by hand, you see the some dot, it called hot pixel.
This is not noise at night time.

If there has no white dot, it can ne fixed by firmware.

The 1080p record movie, sensor always over 70 centigarde. Some sensor can not endure it. Just can be watched at night time. Day time, the other pixel can compensate that vaule.

So easiest way is cover all light.
Hope helpful to decide, it is hardware or software issue.
Just few minute recording is uselss, at least more than 20 minute recording needed

I just let you know how to test, is it hardware problem or firmware issue.
First, start the recording any place(day or night).
Second, after 20 minute recording, cover the lens by hand.
Third, after recoding some movie take out memory.
Fourth, see at the dark movie which has no light recorded.

If even it is covered by hand, you see the some dot, it called hot pixel.
This is not noise at night time.

If there has no white dot, it can ne fixed by firmware.

The 1080p record movie, sensor always over 70 centigarde. Some sensor can not endure it. Just can be watched at night time. Day time, the other pixel can compensate that vaule.

So easiest way is cover all light.
Hope helpful to decide, it is hardware or software issue.
Just few minute recording is uselss, at least more than 20 minute recording needed
I try to do it, the white pixels appeared when it is dark, From what i saw its dont matter if it after 1 seconed or 20 minuts.
hello, maybe you buy it in the early or buy from our other retailer, the firmware is the old V2.7. back to my email, i send the newest V2.6G for you.
all the best
nancylee
I bought the camera with FW V2.6G, I tried to upgrade the FW to V2.7G because of this problem.
I download the V2.7G from her:
http://dashcamtalk.com/gt680w/
It didnt solev the white dots problem and now the GPS dont lock.
You can send me download link to the V2.6G FW?

I try to do it, the white pixels appeared when it is dark, From what i saw its dont matter if it after 1 seconed or 20 minuts.

I bought the camera with FW V2.6G, I tried to upgrade the FW to V2.7G because of this problem.
You need to ask same test to other user.
If other people have same issue, it will be serious. One company was gone cause of this reason in korea. That company can not solve the problem. Hope your supplier fix this issue asap.

You need to ask same test to other user.
If other people have same issue, it will be serious. One company was gone cause of this reason in korea. That company can not solve the problem. Hope your supplier fix this issue asap.
In the night i will test my two GT680W, I will put them next to each other and check if the white pixels same in both while driving in dark place.
I saw the problem in both of my cameras but i will check it again and then i will decided whether to return them to foxoffer or not.
If i didnt have to wait 30 days until it will return to china and another 30 day until new camera will arrive to israel i had return them already.

In the night i will test my two GT680W, I will put them next to each other and check if the white pixels same in both while driving in dark place.
I saw the problem in both of my cameras but i will check it again and then i will decided whether to return them to foxoffer or not.
If i didnt have to wait 30 days until it will return to china and another 30 day until new camera will arrive to israel i had return them already.
It does not need drive test.
Just you cover the lens , then see the result. It is called hot pixel issue.
You can find what is hot pixel on google.
Nomal user can not see that problem during drive. Only 100 percent sure way is recording on no light condition.
I just tell this thing to know people how to distinguish dashcam. No other intention.

It does not need drive test.
Just you cover the lens , then see the result. It is called hot pixel issue.
You can find what is hot pixel on google.
Nomal user can not see that problem during drive. Only 100 percent sure way is recording on no light condition.
I just tell this thing to know people how to distinguish dashcam. No other intention.
Yes i understan i alreay check it like you said and both cameras had this hot pixel problem.
I use the camera while driving so its the only test that interesting me, If while driving the hot pixel problem not destroying the video quality so i can stand it.

sure, email to me sales001@sz-xjs.com tell me whats your camera color if it is full black or with some silver color? if it with all kinds of language: english,spanish,Russian...etc... then i will send to you the exactly firmware. this is why we not put the firmware to our website, because we need to make sure what kinds of camera people with, then we will send the exactly one to your download. thanks nancylee

sure, email to me sales001@sz-xjs.com tell me whats your camera color if it is full black or with some silver color? if it with all kinds of language: english,spanish,Russian...etc... then i will send to you the exactly firmware. this is why we not put the firmware to our website, because we need to make sure what kinds of camera people with, then we will send the exactly one to your download. thanks nancylee
For some reson you dont understan my emails.
I have full black virson from fox offer and my email is saar1@outlook.com.

Back