White dots in the night video (GT680W V2.7G)

Saar21

Reaction score
Country
Israel
I noticed that in the night video there's alot of white dots in the video.
sample video:
Whatch on 1080P, someone have this problem with his camera?

Looks like noise. I think that's normal.

Its not noraml that's why I ask.
Look on this videos:
This is how my night video need to look.

My RX-300 video looks just like yours - in fact most of the cams I've spent some time with (a dozen or so) seem+ to to a poor job of adjusting auto exposure mode. If I'm not just running up to the corner market, I'll access the menu and change to +1/3 or +2/3 for night time use. I have 2 Lukas cams (7500 and 7700) and they do even a worse job of auto exposure. My Livue HD does a pretty good job. G1W is about the same as RX-300. Seems to me this issue is given low priority for whatever reason by most manufactures (IMO).

White dots is pretty common in sensors especially in long exposure modes. This is very common in digital cameras - but they usually remove the sensor noise by mapping the bad pixels and using interpolation to fill them. In video it is much more difficult to do this, and usually the digital cameras with video recording won't remove the bad dots either. You usually need a very high quality sensor (very expensive) to not have these dots. This isn't likely in these cheaper dashcams!

Back