White flashing cup and saucer icon on screen.

couldn't see it clearly earlier as I was on mobile at the time but from the looks of the pic it's the generic version not the Viofo version, not 100% on what menu options they have or how they name them so you may need to poke around a bit in the menus to work it out

Do you think it might be possible to flash this generic camera with Viofo A118 firmware?

Do you think it might be possible to flash this generic camera with Viofo A118 firmware?

people have tried before but found the cameras to be unstable once they do, best to stick with the generic version firmware, even though they copied the board and it looks the same the components used on the board are not identical, they saved a few cents here and there but it's enough to be a problem when you start pushing things from a programming perspective

people have tried before but found the cameras to be unstable once they do, best to stick with the generic version firmware, even though they copied the board and it looks the same the components used on the board are not identical, they saved a few cents here and there but it's enough to be a problem when you start pushing things from a programming perspective

OK, thanks for the explanation. It was just a thought about a possible solution for @Sundancer3. I had a strong hunch that was what you were going to say but I was remembering when many of us tried different firmwares in the G1WH thinking it might work here too. (G1WH can take firmware from DOD LS388W, Shadow GT300W 1306180 and others)

OK, thanks for the explanation. It was just a thought about a possible solution for @Sundancer3. I had a strong hunch that was what you were going to say but I was remembering when many of us tried different firmwares in the G1WH thinking it might work here too. (G1WH can take firmware from DOD LS388W, Shadow GT300W 1306180 and others)

yeah on those old DOD clones the knock offs were coming out of the same factory that DOD was buying from which made things a bit easier from a compatibility perspective

yeah on those old DOD clones the knock offs were coming out of the same factory that DOD was buying from which made things a bit easier from a compatibility perspective

Kind miss my old GT300W. It was great camera for the money in its day.

Kind miss my old GT300W. It was great camera for the money in its day.

I think when the NT96650/AR0330 combo came along it was the first large jump in night video performance compared to everything else that was available at the time, prior to that low light stuff was pretty ordinary, I think it's around then that the western markets started to get interested in the potential, I'd say it was a turning point at the time

I think when the NT96650/AR0330 combo came along it was the first large jump in night video performance compared to everything else that was available at the time, prior to that low light stuff was pretty ordinary, I think it's around then that the western markets started to get interested in the potential, I'd say it was a turning point at the time

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. And those of us who were using generic Chinese dash cams before that time when the low light performance wasn't just pretty ordinary, knew that it was essentially useless.

I am not familiar with the A118 firmware, but my Shadow 1s has a setting called Fatigue Driving. It displays an alert when the timer is reached.

Sure, a lot of Chinese products are not so good, but in general they are usually well made and perform very well. They are also considerably cheaper than European products.

At least it was a cup of tea. Good thing it wasn't a bottle of beer.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S A118 (B40) 32
Back