White pixels in the night video A118

Saar21

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Im the only one with this stupid problem?
It's just like the problem that i had with my GT680W.

Look on this video: (Watch on 1080P)
Do you have white pixels on the night video to?

the darker the scene the more you'll see this, it's a side effect of winding up the brightness for night use to get more detail, it could be adjusted to reduce this effect but you'd lose a lot of detail in the darker scenes as a result, it's a compromise

I don't think so...
In my other cameras i don't have this problem.
Look on this video:
I dont see white pixels, so its happen only in a few cameras?

Is it hot pixels you mean where you randomly get white ones? That's usually a sign of high temps on the sensor too - one night I went out trying to drive the floor mat so had the temps on full blast. When I got home and reviewed the footage for something it was snowy like an old TV as the hot air had been blowing directly onto the camera!

Can someone explain to me what happened to the camera?
Why all of a sudden everything went dark?

It's not because the street lighting, I received a defective camera 100%.

What I saw in that video doesn't indicate a defective camera to me. What I see is a camera acting differently than our eyes.

Low light is challenging for every camera. They just don't have the dynamic range of our eyes.

Our eyes don't perceive brightness the same way an electronic sensor does. Our eyes see a light getting twice as bright, and the reality is that it is ten times more energy. In the same way, electronic sensor sees ten times the brightness when it only doubled for our eyes.

When the headlights of the passing car came into the frame, it increased the amount of light hitting the sensor - probably by 2-5x. That barely registers as a change for our eyes.

The sensor was getting overloaded, and switched the shutter speed so it wouldn't be. The moment that happened, the dark blue sky went black.

More sophisticated firmware could probably smooth the transition out, but the transition would still happen. A smooth transition may also require more processing power and/or programmer skill than was available to the camera.

The video quality at night is so bad that it's a shame.
Your explanation nice and all, but the camera does not need to behave like that.

"Your explanation nice and all, but the camera does not need to behave like that."

Everything is engineered to a price. You can only get so much performance out of a low cost sensor, low cost image processor, and low cost firmware developer.

The A118 and GT680W are very reasonably priced. They're among the best dash cams for the money.

You and I are talking about different things.
Perhaps I didn't explain myself correctly, but the camera doesn't need to act like this, it's not normal.
My LS430W and my GT680W and my LS650W doesn't have this problem, only this A118 camera.
I said that the night video quality is very bad in compared to the rest of the cameras above.

Last edited:
In the first post of this thread, said:

It's just like the problem that i had with my GT680W.

To me, that clearly indicates you had the same problem with the GT680W and the A118, which is the opposite of your latest post.

The story seems to have changed entirely, which tends to confuse people.

I had this white pixels problem with one of my old GT680W and i returnd her and got refund.(My second GT680W is ok.)
Im not talking about the white pixles this is one probelm, im talking on the second video that everything went dark in a second.
And this is not normal, the seller told me that he asked the manufactuere for explanation, and im waiting for is reply.

Why do I always get screwed with defective products?
This is the last time I buy from foxoffer!
Look on this videos:
See how as I entered the tunnel the quality getting worse even with the same lighting conditions.

No need to say too much just ****ed up camera.

Im lucky that i can still open case in paypal.
Foxoffer need to refund my money and pay for the return shipping.
I have no power to deal with them, just a shame that's they behave like this.
They are not responding to messages and do not return answers.
They only know to take my money and send me a defective camera.

It seems is hard for us to offer a perfect camera as you expected. The one we ship to you is same as others, totally new one from our stock.
No problem to ship back to get refund.

I will send it back at your expense.
I do not want a perfect camera, I just want a normal camera.
It does not make sense that during night video everything become dark.
I'm sure it does not happen with the other cameras you sold, I have enough cameras with Novatek 96650 and AR0330 sensor to know that something is wrong.

I bought from you 5 cameras, 3 of them where defective.
It's your standard than, sending faulty cameras.

Why in your demo video of the camera everything is ok?
Why my camera dont record like this?

I will send it back at your expense.
I do not want a perfect camera, I just want a normal camera.
It does not make sense that during night video everything become dark.
I'm sure it does not happen with the other cameras you sold, I have enough cameras with Novatek 96650 and AR0330 sensor to know that something is wrong.

I bought from you 5 cameras, 3 of them where defective.
It's your standard than, sending faulty cameras.

Why in your demo video of the camera everything is ok?
Why my camera dont record like this?

i didn't get mine from foxoffer, but it's still the same camera as far as i can tell. my night video is just fine:

i'm not trying to make light of your situation - i would also be pretty upset if i got two defective units in a row.

i didn't get mine from foxoffer, but it's still the same camera as far as i can tell. my night video is just fine:

i'm not trying to make light of your situation - i would also be pretty upset if i got two defective units in a row.
That's how the camera should record, not like the junk I got.
I waited almost a month to the camera and at the end I get a defective camera.
Now what he thinks? That i need to lose money on shipping it back because he does not check his products befor shipping them?
And he has no shame, to say that everything is fine with the camera and that it is normal.
He makes fun of me? He thinks I'm retarded?

When i start to drive, everything is ok.
When i parked my car after 27 minutes, quality is ****.

When the camera reaches an unknown temperature, "Hot Pixels" prbolem start and all the video became dark.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S A118 (B40) 30
Back