white screen after reassembling A119S

frogger321

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
DCTeam
Hello,
I put in 2 new capacitors and reassembled the cam. Now the screen is just white the whole time.
Has anyone an idea what to do? Of course I checked the cable, but nothing happens.
The cam itself is working - recording video, sound,... But display is just white.
Please help me - thanks in advance!

Hello,
I put in 2 new capacitors and reassembled the cam. Now the screen is just white the whole time.
Has anyone an idea what to do? Of course I checked the cable, but nothing happens.
The cam itself is working - recording video, sound,... But display is just white.
Did you remove the entire board, including the cable that runs from the screen to the board? If so, my guess is that the ribbon cable from the screen to the board is not properly seated or damaged. Make sure the bar/lever that secures the ribbon cable is in it's full upright position before sliding in the cable.

Reactions: Mtz
Hello,
there are 3 cables / connectors: for the lens, GPS and the screen. problem with the screen - check the screen cable / connection but be very careful.
post pictures!
make sure your new capacitors don't touch anything!

It seems the screen is broken at the part where the cable is connected.
Hope Viofo can send me a replacement part.
077fe5c07e3d476d8d73777350482e6d.jpg

It seems the screen is broken at the part where the cable is connected.
Hope Viofo can send me a replacement part.
077fe5c07e3d476d8d73777350482e6d.jpg

did you replace the capacitors by yourself?

Last edited:
Yes..
The alternative would have been a shipping to China, so I tried to avoid it

Yes it's still recording the video but the screen is just white and not working

Flattening any curled LCD screen ribbon cable is risky but with all that silver tape hiding the connector you had no idea of the joint stress being applied.
Since you ordered a new LCD screen and/or cable, suggest you carefully peel off the silver tape from both ends to reveal the connectors. These 2" LCD screens may not have ribbon connectors so cable is permanently attached to screen matrix. Extreme caution must be taken due to force needed to pull adhesive tape away. Must not damage ribbon cable or components on circuit board. Tape adhesive is strong enough to pull surface components or connector locking tab off.
If the LCD screen isn't cracked and connector and ribbon cable isn't damaged try to disconnect both ends and reattach. Its if broken already think of it as training once you get the new parts. Try propping up the circuit board and fold screen around as if mounted in case for power-up test outside the plastic case/shell. Fold the circuit board and LCD like a book but balance/prop so they stand on long edge vertically with miniUSB power connector side up. Take many photos during process and post closeups of both cable ends, you may be lucky and reconnect unless its cracked or bent.
Will create detailed DIY video for this procedure soon.

Last edited:
Reassemble the other parts was a little bit difficult, but I guess I managed it ok.
Seems it's "just" the screen and cable I have to fix.
I guess the position is the problem.
Is it necessary to mount the silver tape again or will it be with the new screen or is it maybe not necessary?

The reassembling is difficult, also without the screen.
It's really tight in the case of the cam.

Attached you will see another picture of the screen and from the board with the new capacitors.

5b5dc4598af5569fd8a6deb63741653e.jpg

cb73b29b76130291931273c2ca08ba7d.jpg
0d462b4c672579529227b8ffc20ca912.jpg

No need to remove the screen for replacing capacitors, simply disconnect the ribbon cable going to the screen from the board. I'm sure you must have realised it by now but still putting it here so others don't go removing the screen.

No need to remove the screen for replacing capacitors, simply disconnect the ribbon cable going to the screen from the board. I'm sure you must have realised it by now but still putting it here so others don't go removing the screen.
I realised it now, yes.. But removing the cable was not easy with the tape. So I thought it belongs together.
I will try to put in the screen first for reassemble and then the board on the top and connect everything.

Back