Whiteout pileup (with narration by person filming).

Instead of blaming the US for having such low prices the focus should change and blame the local politicians who are artificially inflating the price of fuel with taxes that are greater than the cost of the product.
I didn't see anyone blaming the USA for low fuel tax :unsure:

If you choose to gather your tax in unusual ways, of course that is your choice as a nation!
You also choose to gather less total tax than European countries, with the inevitable results!

I wouldn't need much experience to stop if I can't see what is in front of me.

I didn't see anyone blaming the USA for low fuel tax :unsure:

If you choose to gather your tax in unusual ways, of course that is your choice as a nation!
You also choose to gather less total tax than European countries, with the inevitable results!

Wait! ! This conversation started because you accused the USA for having lower fuel prices compared to Europe but it's been pointed out to you that it is because of your extremely high fuel taxes, not the base price of petrol, So now, as usual when someone calls you out on your facts you are changing the subject and engaging in falsehood and innuendo.

This is just more of your usual USA nation bashing!

We don't "gather our taxes in unusual ways", we merely use a different mix of taxes just as every other OECD nation does. For example, taxes on personal income and business profits make up 45 percent of total US tax revenue, a much higher share than in most other OECD countries on average. Taxes in the US are lower as a percentage of GDP than OECD nations but that is because of the sheer size of our economy which is the largest in the world.

Fuel taxes in the US are that way for a reason. It imposes lower rates on people with less ability to pay and accommodates the fact that this is a very big country where many people commute longer distances so taxes are structured to be lower per gallon.

taxmix.jpg

Last edited:
Currently, as of today, a barrel of Brent crude oil in the U.S....
I went to Brent once, interesting place.

I remember Scottish high school heavy metal music blasting out of the taxi "radio", and a transparent floor beneath my feet!

Yet we have eleven states that are far bigger in area than all of the UK!
I don't think you included Brent in your calculation of the area of all of the UK, even though it is definitely in the UK!

According to wikipedia, UK is bigger in area than Texas...

Wikipedia said:
The United Kingdom's exclusive economic zone is the fifth largest in the world at 6,805,586 km²

Last edited:
I don't think you included Brent in your calculation of the area of all of the UK, even though it is definitely in the UK!

I'll never understand why you like to play these silly games Nigel, but If you really want to do that then you'd better also consider the territorial waters of the United States. The comparison would "blow the UK out of the water", so to speak. ;)

us territorial.jpg

Back in the 90ties when i did my most stellar idiot driving i never used the seat belt.
My first car the 1967 volvo 121 it did have seat belts but if not there, then due to its age you would not get a fine for not using the belt,,,, so i removed the seat belts.

No. you just need a little common sense, and the desire to live.
I'm not so big on living in the crappy world of today, but I'm definitely not wanting any more physical injuries to live with than I already have, and I don't want my precious-to-me old 'bus' being damaged through stupidity.

The rule is that you don't go where you can't see. There are no exceptions. If that means you can't drive, then you park until the conditions improve enough for you to drive safely once again. Simple, isn't it? :cool:

Phil

Back