Who's looking forward to the new 622 coming out?

Rickn55

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 622 4k + rwc, 522, 322, 612 4K and 312 x2
As per the title really, Who's looking forward to trying the 622 out? I'm looking forward to seeing it when it finally appears out in the wild and getting my feelers on one to see how it compares to my older 612 which I love.
From what I've seen on the Nextbase website it looks like it's got some nice new touches the night vision looks excellent on it.

I somehow doubt 1080P / 120 FPS will be much good at night this way you can not drop below 1:120 second exposure, and most dashcams still drop to 1:30 second at night to provide as bright footage as possible.
But other than that i have requested 120 FPS myself, that way you could really slow the idiots in traffic down when they display their lack of skills.

I'll let you know as soon as I have one Rick. It's a little while off just now though. It should be very interesting...

I am looking forward to people sharing footage, any news are good news,,,, at least to start with.
And i am not expecting a revolution in dashcams.

I'll let you know as soon as I have one Rick. It's a little while off just now though. It should be very interesting...
Yes I think it's due around April time isn't it?
Look forward to seeing your review when you have it mate.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I somehow doubt 1080P / 120 FPS will be much good at night this way you can not drop below 1:120 second exposure, and most dashcams still drop to 1:30 second at night to provide as bright footage as possible.
But other than that i have requested 120 FPS myself, that way you could really slow the idiots in traffic down when they display their lack of skills.
I'm no expert in that department where it gets technical tbh [emoji23], but if Nextbase's night time image on the 622 page of their website is anything to go by the night vision looks massively improved to the 612. Be interesting to see when it comes out. [emoji41]
4f33cad0754a4f07e237280a2c3a06d6.jpg

Will it have a built in super capacitor or built in battery? This will probably be a make or break for lots of people as the batterys don't seem yo last that long in nextbase dash cams these days apart from that the specs look promising

Will it have a built in super capacitor or built in battery? This will probably be a make or break for lots of people as the batterys don't seem yo last that long in nextbase dash cams these days apart from that the specs look promising
I find the battery in my 612 does last a good 5-10 mins when not plugged in. But my old 312 and my new 322 you're lucky if the battery lasts a minute before it powers off when not plugged in.

Thanks Paul, that's a shame I was hoping nextbase would of placed a super capacitor inside the latest flag ship dash cam

It's a consideration for future releases, but not the series 2

There was probably a crowd of nextbase owners who would hope the series 2 had super capacitor as standard seeing as cheaper brands like viofo have it these days & for less money in today's current market

I find the battery in my 612 does last a good 5-10 mins when not plugged in. But my old 312 and my new 322 you're lucky if the battery lasts a minute before it powers off when not plugged in.

Lucky you.

The battery in the 612 I bought last march died about 5 months later. No biggie I thought - Its wired in.

Without a good temporary power supply the 612 began to behave... strangely. 'Recovering' I got, but then the thing refused to switch on at all sometimes. If I disconnected the cable it would take a long time for the device to completely power off, with a white screen and a strange clicking noise. Othertimes every file could be corrupted.

Luckily halfords still had old stock and replaced it after I showed them I had spoken to NB

The battery is really only there to allow the device to do a non corrupted save if the power gets shut off during a collision - A SC could be much better suited.

Battery v Capacitor was one of the main reasons I jumped.

If Nextbase had produced a 380 clone with 1440 resolution and a filter mount I'd have stayed as the support is superb.

I've just noticed that under the spec for the 622 at https://www.nextbase.com/en-gb/dash-cams/622gw-dash-cam/ under module compatibility

Rear View Camera,
Rear Window Camera,
Cabin View Camera
Front - 1080p Rear - 1080p or
Front - 1440p Rear - 720p

which seems identical in terms of available resolutions when using the rear cam to the 522.

Is this just an error due to a cut and paste at some point in the process. Or is it really the case that using a rear cam\cabin view module disables all the 4K features of the 622?

Matthew

Personally I'd expect it is a copy and paste error? As I'd expect the 622 to record in 4k with the added rear camera attachment or there isn't really much point in paying the premium for the 4K model as I'm pretty sure most will have a rear cam attached to them.

Whoooo Hoooo, lol...

Excitaballs!

Hi,

I think there's been a editing mistake on the website, our apologies.

The 622GW is currently due for release with 4K front and 1080p rear.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase
Thanks for clearing that up Millie.
Thought that would be the case as stated.

Looking forward to seeing the 622, it is going to be an immense bit of kit in my opinion.

Hi,

I think there's been a editing mistake on the website, our apologies.

The 622GW is currently due for release with 4K front and 1080p rear.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase
Any release date yet? Thanks for the info!

Back