Who's looking forward to the new 622 coming out?

They certainly don't have the presence they once did which I feel is a serious error on their part. But given the overall state of their new series of cams whoever they put here would be very busy (and maybe very bashed) trying to deal with the issues. I think it safe to say that all of us would love to have Tiffany back- she was awesome :love:

Phil
Yep most recently it has been someone called Millie on here from Nextbase Support she has been great also.

" SD card slot supports a maximum of 128GB "

Well thats not going to cut it with me.

" SD card slot supports a maximum of 128GB "

Well thats not going to cut it with me.

You can bet it would actually take larger....

Yeah i cant see why it should not be able to do that, just a little confused they put that in there, cant be a typo

I am of course still very eager to see footage from this system, hope someone provide some raw footage i can DL and look at.

You can bet it would actually take larger....

I wouldn't bet on one cam alone, but overall cams will accept larger cards than specified. Sometimes you have do a bit of work setting up the partition differently. I've only had one super-cheap cam which I couldn't get a larger card to work. With the 622 I'd guess you'd get 5-6 hours plus with a 128GB card and that's enough for a day's average driving as most people go. Only those who drive all day might find it constraining.

Phil

I wonder if it will take bigger than 128gb with future software updates? As iirc the 312 only used to accept 32GB when I first purchased it when it came out years ago then I looked last year and it now says upto 128gb.
128gb is surely to small for the new 622 recording in 4K and rear cam at 1080p, will fill 128gb in no time.

Not long now until it's released on the 30th.
Will anybody on here be purchasing when released ?

Only the unwary buyers who then become NB unofficial beta testers. Problem is that NB no longer seem to frequent this forum, so not able to feedback there then.

Nail on the head. I was thinking of waiting awhile before purchasing to see if any problems arise and wait until they're found and ironed out.
Nextbase on here seem to have vanished since lockdown started.

Maybe they've been furloughed and can't give the same as before.

Hopefully we will see Millie again soon..

I think any current worth while SOC that might be in the 622, well it will also support +128GB memory cards

Maybe they've been furloughed and can't give the same as before.

Hopefully we will see Millie again soon..
Hopefully, as Millie is still around, as when I purchased my 522 off the Nextbase website about two months ago, I asked the online chat how long postage would take to arrive and the name of the person on that was Millie who replied, so I wonder why she hasn't been back on here for months?

Maybe forgot the login details? ;)

LoL, I hope she has a better memory than that..

I've been quite keen to get my hands on one of these. Though having second thoughts the longer i wait....£250 seems very steep. Plus if you want a rear module it's even higher.

Is there any sample footage out there yet?

I've been quite keen to get my hands on one of these. Though having second thoughts the longer i wait....£250 seems very steep. Plus if you want a rear module it's even higher.

Is there any sample footage out there yet?
I think £250 is alot for a Dashcam myself especially if you need an add on for it aswell. Keep checking their website, they have DFS style 20-25% off offers on every weekend on all their Dashcams plus if you use the Nextbase 10% off code on top you can pick up some bargains, I did on my 522 afew months ago got it for less than £140 with the rear window camera. Though they probably won't do it on the 622 for a while being new out. But when I see the 622 at a decent price I'll dive in and purchase one and probably sell my 522 or 612 on to fund part of the upgrade.

Looking forward to seeing some footage once people start getting their hands on it, especially night time footage as their last 4K 612 camera wasn't the best in the dark. Even knocking the resolution down it still wasn't great.

I think £250 is alot for a Dashcam myself especially if you need an add on for it aswell. Keep checking their website, they have DFS style 20-25% off offers on every weekend on all their Dashcams plus if you use the Nextbase 10% off code on top you can pick up some bargains, I did on my 522 afew months ago got it for less than £140 with the rear window camera. Though they probably won't do it on the 622 for a while being new out. But when I see the 622 at a decent price I'll dive in and purchase one and probably sell my 522 or 612 on to fund part of the upgrade.

Looking forward to seeing some footage once people start getting their hands on it, especially night time footage as their last 4K 612 camera wasn't the best in the dark. Even knocking the resolution down it still wasn't great.

Yeah i'm kinda stuck on the price to be honest. I was looking at the Thinkware U1000 2ch but the Nextbase does seem to have more going for it.

Just reading about the 622 now they've released the software update and owners manual in the supports and download section on the website, so it'll record 360minutes on the standard settings which I assume will be 4K front and 1080p rear.

The 10% off code works if anyone is looking at getting one on release, which knocks £25 off. But think I'll wait a little bit and see the reviews first and any problems before pulling the trigger.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200727-214332_Word.jpg
    Screenshot_20200727-214332_Word.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20200727-214605_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200727-214605_Samsung Internet.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 12
Just reading about the 622 now they've released the software update and owners manual in the supports and download section on the website, so it'll record 360minutes on the standard settings which I assume will be 4K front and 1080p rear.

The 10% off code works if anyone is looking at getting one on release, which knocks £25 off. But think I'll wait a little bit and see the reviews first and any problems before pulling the trigger.

10% Code ? I'm listening :ROFLMAO:

Edit : It's going to be between the Thinkware U1000 and the Nextbase 622GW for me , so i think the wisest thing i can do is wait a few weeks for sample footage and reviews to surface.

Last edited:
I would call standard setting as 1080, with 4k as high setting?

Back