Why are so many Toyota Camry drivers such idiots?

S P

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SGGCX2PRO & SGGCX2
This first one nearly ran off the highway!! You can see it in the zoomed view that he dug up grass on the side of the road, and went clear over the rumble strips. LOL

These two fools were side by side, and going slower, and slower, and slower, in a merge lane that was running out, with speeds dropping into the 20 mph range, and with traffic coming up behind at 40-50! COME ON!!! Somebody wake up! :rolleyes: I was worried I was going to get rear-ended after the idiot cab driver got on his brakes, so said to hell with it and just went around both on the shoulder. o_O

Just today I said to my wife (while I was driving her Highlander hybrid) "jeez sometimes I feel like I have to drive like an ass just to get away from these morons who can't even keep their vehicle in one lane or drive anywhere near the speed limit... or look before pulling a u-turn across 3 very busy lanes...

Camry's are indestructible. ;)

Camrys are always driven by old people.

Well, at least I got a Corolla instead of a Camry.

Toyota drivers as a whole are awful though, don't know why.

Here's another Camry driver for ya btw

Here is a Camry that pulled back onto the highway after getting into an accident. I was angry because I had to slow down from 60+ mph down to 35mph. I was scared that I was going to get rear ended myself so I threw on my hazard lights.

They're saving up for a BMW. :)

Then we have the Avalon, driven by geezers who want something more reliable than a Buick.
:)

I think thats a American thing, here Camery drivers seem to be average.
Allso its not as popular a model now as it was in the 90ties.

Okay average here is the kind of ppl that it would be nice to not share the road with.

Vacation traffic have started today, so you dont want to go near some streches of motorways.
Funny think its allways the fast moving large motorways that get grind down to a stop :rolleyes:

Yota was 3 best selling brand here in 2015, but thats due to the micro cars selling as thats really what any sane Dane can afford.
The big cars are for ppl that is okay with paying for a car in 10 years, or the upper echelons of society that leach of the rest of us.

I think thats a American thing, here Camery drivers seem to be average.....
The area where I live is a 'non-walking' area - meaning one needs a car to get around and conduct daily activities. Also we have a relatively high influx of middle eastern and Asian families where the wife is recently licensed to drive and have literally zero experience. Seems they are all terrible drivers and most drive a Camry.

The area where I live is a 'non-walking' area - meaning one needs a car to get around and conduct daily activities. Also we have a relatively high influx of middle eastern and Asian families where the wife is recently licensed to drive and have literally zero experience. Seems they are all terrible drivers and most drive a Camry.

Strange date format there... 2015/05/0007? Is that like a star trek star date or something? Lol

Strange date format there... 2015/05/0007? Is that like a star trek star date or something? Lol
Video was from the original V1 GC that had a date display bug.

Hmmmm ... Not exactly sure what that was about ...
Was one a taxi ? ( On the right )
And yeah , driving was (?) but what was that illegal overtake all about (?)

Hmmmm ... Not exactly sure what that was about ...
Was one a taxi ? ( On the right )
And yeah , driving was (?) but what was that illegal overtake all about (?)
They were deliberately obstructing traffic by going only 20 in a 60 zone. So he passed them the only way he could so he wouldn't get rear ended. I would have done the same thing

They were deliberately obstructing traffic by going only 20 in a 60 zone. So he passed them the only way he could so he wouldn't get rear ended. I would have done the same thing

Hmmmm ... I see ..... ( Well not really )
+ Not sure about the only option thing though ...
+ Not sure we have the full picture ( video in this case )
But never mind .. What was / was ... and hopefully something was taken away from it ...

Oh look, another Toyota Camry pulled over. Let me guess, she completely blew a red light, and then obviously had secondary issues because she had the pleasure of having two cops behind her. Toyota Camrys are pulled over a lot. Not surprised. By far the most poorly driven vehicle in our area. I don't always hit save on these.

Hmmmm ... I see ..... ( Well not really )
+ Not sure about the only option thing though ...
+ Not sure we have the full picture ( video in this case )
But never mind .. What was / was ... and hopefully something was taken away from it ...
Yes, the takeaway is that the only thing worse than clueless Camry drivers are two of them right next to each other creating a road block! o_O Yep, 20-ish mph in a 60 zone, I was in 2nd freakin gear in our X5 diesel, which has short gearing.

What you didn't see were confused drivers behind me having to slam on their brakes and traffic starting to bunch up, because neither of these idiots could figure out how to drive. The very first car I bought new out of college was totaled in a nasty rear-ending accident less than a mile from here. No thanks, somebody else can get rear-ended today, not me.

Yeah , the salad in the middle of the sandwich !
Idiots in front idiots behind , ?????????? What to do ....

To be the devils advocate , you had other options ! If you don't see that in hind sight (?) Well .... Good for you .
Patience is a virtue , and many no longer can claim such virtue ( me included ) ..
But like I said , did you take something away from it ? No ... your Golden ?
There you go ...

Why all the hate on Camrys? I thought we collectively were hating on CR-Vs. Did we move on already?

Why all the hate on Camrys? I thought we collectively were hating on CR-Vs. Did we move on already?
Next week we target Insight and Prius. :D

Back