Why are so many Toyota Camry drivers such idiots?

Yeah , the salad in the middle of the sandwich !
Idiots in front idiots behind , ?????????? What to do ....

To be the devils advocate , you had other options ! If you don't see that in hind sight (?) Well .... Good for you .
Patience is a virtue , and many no longer can claim such virtue ( me included ) ..
But like I said , did you take something away from it ? No ... your Golden ?
There you go ...
Sure. Pray I don't get rear-ended (again) with my kids in the car now, or.... take matters into my own hands and avoid the need to pray. I choose the latter. :D #assholebmwdriver

Well they did still a crap ton of camrys here so statistically, you're very likely to see some of them being driven by idiots.
Stats from my dashcam save folder since May 2015, not all of these are up on youtube.

Camry - 14 (8 in 2016 YTD)
Accord - 10 (3 in 2016 YTD)

Toyota - 30 (15 in 2016 YTD)
Honda - 30 (6 in 2016 YTD)

Overall, Honda and Toyota drivers are equally stupid here in the DC area, which make sense since there's roughly equal numbers of them on the road.

Toyota drivers have clearly been more brain dead this year, though.

Looking at the brands as a whole, and what I've saved, Honda drivers are more likely to floor it to 80 mph through a light that's been red for 5 seconds and are slightly more aggressively stupid, and Toyota drivers are more likely to cruise through a light that's been red for 5 seconds right at the speed limit and not have even noticed it was red, and are definitely more obliviously stupid. Does that make sense? Equally stupid overall, but different types of stupid.

Sure. Pray I don't get rear-ended (again) with my kids in the car now, or.... take matters into my own hands and avoid the need to pray. I choose the latter. :D #assholebmwdriver

Oh dear ! ( with kids in the car ) , see ... I dont think that makes it better , but rather the opposite .. ( Far worse )

Step out of your shoes for a minute , and see if you can look at the situation from the perspective of a dis interested 3rd party ( nothing to justify ) ..
And then take a cold hard look at what you are prepared to do when some one frustrates you , and to put the icing on the cake , with children in the car !

Here is what I see ...

A) You are prepared to break the law
B) You are prepared to do what is considered stupid and dangerous
C) Not only are you prepared to risk your life , but also the lives of children
D) It seems you lack self control
E) Your capable of making very poor decisions
F) And worst of all , you only seem to see error in others ( Do you learn from your mistakes ? )

That's what I see ..
If you think I'm being harsh , well .......... Tell me I'm wrong .

Sorry SP, you're an Angry Bird.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ecause-their-phones-are-more-important.11862/

You've honked more in one week than I have in the past 5 years o_O

I see some pretty aggressive driving and actions on your part. I hope you chill out a bit.

I agree. That type of driving around Cali will get you in hairy situations.

Oh dear ! ( with kids in the car ) , see ... I dont think that makes it better , but rather the opposite .. ( Far worse )

Step out of your shoes for a minute , and see if you can look at the situation from the perspective of a dis interested 3rd party ( nothing to justify ) ..
And then take a cold hard look at what you are prepared to do when some one frustrates you , and to put the icing on the cake , with children in the car !

Here is what I see ...

A) You are prepared to break the law
B) You are prepared to do what is considered stupid and dangerous
C) Not only are you prepared to risk your life , but also the lives of children
E) Your capable of making very poor decisions
F) And worst of all , you only seem to see error in others ( Do you learn from your mistakes ? )

That's what I see ..
If you think I'm being harsh , well .......... Tell me I'm wrong .
Since you're a disinterested 3rd party, why don't you perform the same analysis on these two bozo Camry drivers, and get back to me, and then I'll respond back.

Please do tell me why exactly I decided to dive onto the shoulder also, since you seem to have me all figured out? I'd love to know.

Last edited:
Its all "those guys" here :D

Funny the urge for fat ass tires never hit me, not even when i was young and dumb.

I really dislike fat tires or paper-thin tires on road use cars. They might be fine if they are at a car show but if it looks like every day driving

Every time I see those dumb custom tires out, I get the urge to grab my valve stem core removal tool and deflate all 4 just to spite them.
jQ7a6qx.png

As for idiot Camry drivers, I think it's because they all are really BMW whose cars are in repair shop and there wasn't any BMW loaner available.

If you don't like being call out for driving like a jack ---, don't post videos of you driving like one. A full size truck is not a cure for bad behavior, I predict a crash within the first 3 months.
You know as well as I do that merge areas with large speed differentials are very accident prone. Here we had not one but two morons who both simultaneously failed to merge, failed to accelerate to or even maintain highway speed, and thus denied those behind them the ability to safely merge or accelerate also, with traffic coming up behind us at speed. Bad situation. I thought it was going to be fine when the car on the right started to maybe accelerate past the other, only to then get on his brakes! I have cars coming up behind me at speed, and now this clueless moron is getting on his brakes, and so I immediately exited the situation. Did not even think twice about it. Red flags all over this for potential rear-ending accidents. There are multi-vehicle rear-ending accidents practically every day here.

My opinion: I was exiting what had needlessly become an extremely dangerous situation with my family in the car.
Your opinion: I'm just being an asshole.:rolleyes:

Guess what? I don't give a f*ck what you think. People are going to think whatever they want anyways. I see that once again people have plenty criticism, but no suggestions whatsoever about what should have been done instead.

Here's a video of a BMW driving actually driving like a "jack ---"

ricjncyzjkgkbpacbyo3.gif

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/06/21/long-island-expressway-reckless-driving/

Lol nice try. If you think I'm being a jackass, I'd be curious to know what you think of the above.

Wanna see what happened the last time I placed blind faith in the people behind me to actually be paying attention and slow or stop suddenly if needed?

2001-Accord-Totaled.jpg

Yeah, that's my old 2001 Honda Accord. I stopped. The Ford cargo van behind me didn't. This happened in 2002, within a mile of the above video that you obviously have a burr up your something about, to the point of ignoring factual information about the situation, coming up with cutsey names for me, and trolling old threads of mine so that you can copy and paste old quotes from other people. Wanna know what some other idiot told me after I got rear-ended? Why didn't you jump onto the shoulder? :rolleyes:

I jump onto the shoulder and avoid a potential accident, and I'm called an ass.
I don't jump onto the shoulder to avoid a potential accident and my car gets totaled, I get hurt, and I get "well why didn't you dive onto the shoulder?"

LMFAO. Gotta love the Internets. Thanks for the laughs and entertainment.:)

Last edited:
Here's another moron Camry driver today, another cab. If you have to turn sharply to pull out and are going to intrude into the space of both lanes, it makes perfect sense to pull out right as someone is coming. Luckily the left turn lane was open and I was able to partially dive into it, otherwise this would have been another hard ABS-inducing braking incident. It was perfectly clear behind me. No reason this guy couldn't have waited 2 freaking seconds for me to go by, they just didn't care.

Bonus of the day (not Camry). Civic completely blowing a stop. I've confirmed with the City of Rockville police that there is such a thing as stop sign cameras, and that they're considering deploying them. Honda Civics are on a roll lately too. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
This happened in 2002, within a mile of the above video that you obviously have a burr up your something about, to the point of ignoring factual information about the situation, coming up with cutsey names for me, and trolling old threads of mine so that you can copy and paste old quotes from other people.

I knew you were a road raging driver since your second post on here. Most of us here are smart enough to learn from our fits of rage and wouldn't post it out of shame. You can blame everyone else if you want. Driving like that, it'll catch up to you.

I knew you were a road raging driver since your second post on here. Most of us here are smart enough to learn from our fits of rage and wouldn't post it out of shame. You can blame everyone else if you want. Driving like that, it'll catch up to you.
Since when does getting rear ended make someone a road raging driver?

The facts don't matter. All he can see in me (since my 2nd post apparently!) is "road-raging jackass". That's what he's chosen to see, and that's all he'll ever see, never mind the 15 other videos per week I save of me avoiding wrecks from people changing lanes right into me without looking, blowing through stops, blowing through red lights, and all sorts of other nonsense. That doesn't matter. I'm just a road-raging "Angry Bird" jackass.;)

His videos all have the same theme:
Sees a driver making a mistake, curses, honks, floors the gas pedal and speeds away in a fit of rage.

Sees a driver making a mistake, curses, honks, floors the gas pedal and speeds away in a fit of rage.

Then by your definition I'm a road rager too because I don't like to stay anywhere near morons who can't stay in their own lane, brake appropriately, or follow any semblance of the road rules. So I get the hell away from them.

I too have been rear ended by one such idiot. He couldn't stay in his lane during a gentle curve in the road, and was doing about 25-30 in a 45, so I quickly passed him once he got back in his lane. About a mile later he plowed into the lady behind me and shoved her car into mine while we were sitting at a red light. The old man never even hit the brakes. His excuse? "Sometimes my legs just kinda quit working." REALLY??

By definition, road rage involves direct conflict. I won't speak for SP but personally I'm trying to avoid conflict by getting away from the moron.

Last edited:
Reactions: S P

Wow flank, you're the best Internet backseat driver ever! So tell me, what would YOU have done instead here? Hmmm?

Always plenty of criticism but ZERO suggestions.

And yes I have posted an F-up where I got honked at, when I was sequentially blocked from getting into an exit lane while trying to make space for others too, only to get screwed in the end, by a Toyota Camry driver no less!!!! :p. My conclusion as a result of my own self-criticism, was that I should have just aborted trying to exit and go straight instead, rather than forcing my way into the exit as I did. I came up with that myself. Nobody else here did, even after I challenged them to. Right. So empty criticism, if you can't suggest how something should have been handled instead. The notion that I'm not also critiquing and finding fault in my own driving is a bunch of sh*t too.

So once again, what would YOU have done here? Pick a video, tell me where I'm so wrong, and what I should have done instead.

In the video you pulled, I HAD to get up to speed quickly, because traffic was approaching in lane 2 at speed.

Risking rear-ending someone if I stayed in the lane, and risked being rear-ended if I pulled out due to traffic approaching. Yet another dangerous situation involving oblivious Toyota drivers.

My choice was to exit the lane, quickly, to mitigate the risk of being rear-ended by someone in lane 2, but this is "speeding away in a fit of rage" to you.

Blah blah blah blah.... :rolleyes:

Back