Why are the VIOFO filename timestamps not agreeing with timestamps in the "Modified Date" column after downloading videos?

The VIOFO support Rep told me they have not seen this problem before.
They tried to duplicate the problem with some of their cameras but could not. I shared my video files with them and they agreed there was a time offset problem with mine and it should not be doing this. They requested I return the camera.

I don't consider this a big problem unless someone argues that the video was edited since there is an inconsistency with the time stamp in the video vs the file's date modified.

The VIOFO support Rep told me they have not seen this problem before.
They tried to duplicate the problem with some of their cameras but could not. I shared my video files with them and they agreed there was a time offset problem with mine and it should not be doing this. They requested I return the camera.

I don't consider this a big problem unless someone argues that the video was edited since there is an inconsistency with the time stamp in the video vs the file's date modified.
We have checked with the engineer, and informed our customer service, this is not a camera issue, related to the computer's time zone settings.
It is not a firmware issue.

If it's related to my computer time zone settings then the new camera should behave the same way.
It's odd that it's a random intermittent issue that happens on only some of the video files.
I also have an A229 PLUS that I just installed in another car, I will be interested to see how that behaves.

Back